OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

cant connect

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
lesmackfly
Post subject: cant connect
Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:17 pm

trying to connect to sim just turns pf3window off

Profile Quote
pointy56
Post subject: Re: cant connect
Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:16 pm

We really need to see the Debug_Monitor.log file as highlighted in RED at the top of the forum - otherwise we'd just be guessing.

Cheers,
Martin

[ img ]

Profile Quote
lesmackfly
Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:13 pm

can you tell me how please struggling

Profile Quote
pointy56
Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:40 am

Open Windows Explorer and locate the folder where you have installed PF3; open the folder there named 'Logs'.
You should see a file 'debug_monitor.log' in the Logs folder.
Right click on the file, then select 'Send to' and 'Compressed (zipped) folder' from the drop-down - this will create a zip file.
[ attachment ]
2022-11-20 08_29_57-Window.png (48.52 KiB) Viewed 733 times
Post a reply to the forum and attach the zip file; select the 'Attachments' tab below the 'Submit' button, then 'Add files'.

Hope this helps,
Martin

[ img ]

Profile Quote
lesmackfly
Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:54 pm

thanks for the swift reply i have re installed pf3 again and all seems to be working again anyhow if i have to send logs in the future should be able to thanks so much
les

Profile Quote
77EchoKilo
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:49 pm

I seem to be having a similar issue, although its hit or miss. Ive tried multiple aircraft at multiple airports, but more often than not when I get the prompt to tune to ATIS, I follow it, and then I get no ATIS transmission. Ive tried switching to another frequency, Clearance Delivery, for example and get no reply there either. I have attached my Debug Monitor file. Please help! -- 77EK

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(70.69 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:44 pm
Site Admin

77EchoKilo wrote: *  Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:49 pm
I seem to be having a similar issue, although its hit or miss. Ive tried multiple aircraft at multiple airports, but more often than not when I get the prompt to tune to ATIS, I follow it, and then I get no ATIS transmission. Ive tried switching to another frequency, Clearance Delivery, for example and get no reply there either. I have attached my Debug Monitor file. Please help! -- 77EK
Firstly, please don't tag onto the end of an existing post... just post a new one

Next, your Avionics switch is OFF, which is why you're not hearing anything! Please see the following two points from the 3.18.0 version update, taken from the version history document

FIXED a problem if you turned the master avionics off you could still hear radio coms from AI traffic,etc. Now, If you turn avionics off mid-way through a transmission it will be truncated. However, please do not report things like 'I quickly turned it back on again but didn't here the rest of the instructions' because it doesn't work like that. In PF3, once the audio buffer is filled and playing, if you turn avionics off we simply erase the buffer. There's no buffer restart available. So yes, it's easy to mess this up. Primarily this change has been put in place (following a user request) to allow those shutting down systems at the end of their flight not to hear any ATC/AI traffic chat, which was of course a little unrealistic.

Please Note: Some MSFS aircraft seem to have an problem with their Master Avionics not showing up as being 'On' when starting from Cold & Dark. Everything appears to work when starting with the engines running. When this happens PF3 detects Avionics are off. Should this be a problem for you there's a new option under Options #2 / Advanced Options / COMs, named 'Ignore Avionics Switch'. When selecting this new option PF3 will consider your Avionics are ON at all time and will not detect them being turn off.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
77EchoKilo
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:26 am

Thanks for the prompt reply! I apologize for wasting your time. I’m trying to learn a new aircraft, and I apparently overwhelmed myself and overlooked that minor, but seemingly important detail. It gets frustrating sometimes trying to learn to fly, keep everything updated and talking to each other nicely when your an idiot and not a computer guy. 🤣 Thanks again for straightening me out!

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:37 am
Site Admin

No problem at all and certainly not a waste of time as your post could help someone else at some point.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: