OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Having problems with SID and STAR

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Fernandobs
Post subject: Having problems with SID and STAR
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:51 am

Hi Guys,

I am having a problem with the Set END SID and Set START of Star option.

I cant never get the ATC to allow me to flight a particular approach from the waypoint selected in the waypoint altitude adjustments page. For instance if the waypoint BRAVO was selected for the start of the star I should get the message from atc saying '' "Easy 211 continue via the Sierra Tango Approach... remain on this frequency, I'll have traffic for you'', but its not happening with me. And in regards to the sid, the ATC says for me to resume own navigation based on the initial altitude clearance not when I reach the selected waypoint.

I have the version 2.14 and use fscommander and Active Sky 2012.

Thanks for the helps guys

Profile Quote
kramerdc9
Post subject: Re: Having problems with SID and STAR
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:32 am

You might want to check out my post a couple down. I asked the same question regarding star start. I didn't receive the Sierra Tango Approach either. However, I don't think I had everything set up correctly in FPE and PF2000. If you read the post, look what Dan said regarding FP2000. I didn't know this. Anyway, I'm going to do same route but with correct input in PFE and PF2000. FYI.
Fernandobs wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am having a problem with the Set END SID and Set START of Star option.

I cant never get the ATC to allow me to flight a particular approach from the waypoint selected in the waypoint altitude adjustments page. For instance if the waypoint BRAVO was selected for the start of the star I should get the message from atc saying '' "Easy 211 continue via the Sierra Tango Approach... remain on this frequency, I'll have traffic for you'', but its not happening with me. And in regards to the sid, the ATC says for me to resume own navigation based on the initial altitude clearance not when I reach the selected waypoint.

I have the version 2.14 and use fscommander and Active Sky 2012.

Thanks for the helps guys

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pschlute
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:48 am

Regarding the SID. If you have a SID altitude set in the SIDS/STARS page, then ATC will start guidance when you EITHER reach that altitude OR reach the end SID waypoint, whichever comes first.

If you dont want ATC to start guidance until a certain waypoint then set the SID altitude to a number ABOVE the altitude you intend to cross the end of SID waypoint at.

Peter

Peter

Profile Quote
anubhav100
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:00 am

To the OP - did you find a solution to your STAR problem? I have the same exact issue in that the control ignored my start of STAR waypoint and never clears me for the STAR saying "blah blah..remain on this frequency, I'll have traffic for you"

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: