OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 with FS2020. Flight from KJFK to KCLT with two issues (altitude, no ATC after established on final)

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Lerxtwood
Post subject: PF3 with FS2020. Flight from KJFK to KCLT with two issues (altitude, no ATC after established on final)
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:24 pm

Dave, I had reported part of this issue in a different thread related to ATC not recognizing that I was at the correct flight level when cruising, but I also ran into a second issue during the flight so I figured I would create my own thread.

Here are the two issues I had during my flight from KJFK to KCLT.

1. When I entered the cruise phase of my flight I settled in at FL260 (with Std QOH), but ATC kept nagging me to maintain FL260. I eventually changed my altitude to 26500 and then the nagging stopped. This reminded me of the issue that had been reported previous to your 3.15.0 release and you had fixed it in that release, but perhaps it's something entirely different.

2. As I continued with this flight, ATC handed me off to approach, and assigned me to ILS approach 18L (going from memory here), and said to report back when I was established on final. As soon as I was established, I tuned to the tower frequency (118.1 I believe), and then hit Hotkey 1 to report in. I heard the "hotkey sound" letting me know the hotkey was registered, but that was it. From that point on PF3 seemed to be in a stuck state and I never heard anything back. I tried switching back to approach, then back to tower, tried different hotkeys, but I never got anything back from ATC. I eventually just finished up the landing without ATC and then ended the flight.

I've attached all of my logs that I collected after I ended the flight and disconnected PF3 from FS2020. Appreciate you taking a look whenever you have a chance. I'm not in a big hurry though. I mainly just reported this in case it helps you find any issues that might improve PF3 overall.

Thanks again for your outstanding support!

Attachments
PF3_all_logs.zip
(788.87 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

Profile Quote
Lerxtwood
Post subject: Re: PF3 with FS2020. Flight from KJFK to KCLT with two issues (altitude, no ATC after established on final)
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:27 pm

Dave, I just saw your reply in that other thread about my using an old version of FSUIPC. I'll update that and will start using it to see if it corrects these issues.

Profile Quote
Lerxtwood
Post subject: Re: PF3 with FS2020. Flight from KJFK to KCLT with two issues (altitude, no ATC after established on final)
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:08 pm

FWIW, followup flight with latest FSUIPC worked perfectly. I'll keep an eye on it. Consider this one closed though. Thanks.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:12 pm
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: