OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

How to register Game Commander 2?

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
Peter Andrew
Post subject: How to register Game Commander 2?
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi everybody,
10 years ago I used Game Commander and I lost the exe file.
It is easy to download Game Commander 2 but I don't know how
I can register.
Any advice

Thanks in advance,

Peter Andrew

Profile Quote
Peter Andrew
Post subject: Re: How to register Game Commander 2?
Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:32 pm

Hi,
Being unable to purchase Game Commander 2, I dug the web and found out a freware, shoot.exe, which works great with Win7.
It's for those of you who prefer to talk rather than to click to ATC.
I'll set up a shoot profile for PFE and I'll made it available.

Best regards

Peter Andrew.

Profile Quote
lfishe
Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:02 am

Peter,
I am very interested in Shoot as an alternative to Voice Buddy. I have looked at Shoot 1.6.4. Is that the version you are using? How difficult was it to get it to work on win 7. I am using Vista 64 and would like to try it, but I am worried about screwing up my computer with downloading net 1.1 according to the instruction I read. How did you do that?

Thanks,

Lynn

i7 2700K OC'd 4.8, ASUS P8Z68 EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked, Mushkin DDR 2X4 Redline RAM, Win 7 X 64 Professional, FSX Acceleration

Profile Quote
Mikeyankeevictor
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:37 pm

Lynn

I've used Shoot with both PFE and FDC for a while. It works well generally, although if you like noisy engines in your cockpit it tends to get a bit confused, although that's Microsoft's speech recognition rather than Shoot. It is a bit limited on the key combinations (see the manual) it will send, but for most functions it is fine. It's very easy to set up a profile. And it's free!

Roy

Profile Quote
lfishe
Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:59 am

Thanks for the info. The sometimes confusion is a problem with Voice Buddy also. I didn't know it was the Microsoft Voice Recognition Engine. Do you know of a payware program that would be more reliable, ie. has it's own engine that is better? I use voice recognition for most of my communication with the aircraft as well as ATC.

Lynn

i7 2700K OC'd 4.8, ASUS P8Z68 EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked, Mushkin DDR 2X4 Redline RAM, Win 7 X 64 Professional, FSX Acceleration

Profile Quote
Mikeyankeevictor
Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:57 pm

Lynn

I think most voice recognition programmes are just interfaces between the user and the Microsoft kit, although people more in the know may correct me. It seems to me that if you want a realistic cockpit environment you need engine noise, cabin crew talk etc etc and this will always confuse the voice recognition software. I guess a better way for voice rec would be to use a headset that doesn't leak sound, but I like engines etc through the speakers!!

I find with Shoot that the choice of key phrase helps accuracy; I think it's a matter of experiment.

Roy

Profile Quote
lfishe
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:52 am

Thank you Roy for the response. I also want all the sound that goes with flying. I thought it was as you described, but you never know what someone may have discovered without asking. Voice Buddy does a reasonable job, I am always looking for something better.

Lynn

Profile Quote
Peter Andrew
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:49 pm

lfishe wrote:
Peter,
I am very interested in Shoot as an alternative to Voice Buddy. I have looked at Shoot 1.6.4. Is that the version you are using? How difficult was it to get it to work on win 7. I am using Vista 64 and would like to try it, but I am worried about screwing up my computer with downloading net 1.1 according to the instruction I read. How did you do that?

Thanks,

Lynn
Lynn,

Sorry for my late answer. Yes I've using Shoot 1.6.4 with Win7 32 without any flaw. It seems to me that it works as well as did Game Commander. On win 7 you don't need ro install anything else but on XP it might be requested to install first Microsoft SAPI 5.1.

Best regards

Peter

Profile Quote
lfishe
Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:41 am

Thanks,
Lynn

Profile Quote
egkkman
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:11 pm

Hi all,

I just thought I would add a couple of extra comments.

A good quality microphone makes all the difference with recognition of phases as well as reducnig interference from engine sounds etc.

I have used voice control with PFE & FDC for years and have very few problems. Yes, I do have engine sounds, ATC and my trusty FO all blaring out of various speakers. I have set up Push To Talk using a button on my yoke. This means when the button is not pressed ambient sounds cannot interfere with the voice recognition.

It is easy to set up using the PTT feature in GC2 & FSUIPC. I don't know about Shoot but I am sure it can be done via FSUIPC anyway.

I hope this helps. ;)

Best

Dave
PFE/FDC Beta Tester

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: