OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

LEPA Pakma de Mallorca

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
JohnY
Post subject: LEPA Pakma de Mallorca
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:14 pm

This is just a notification.

Be wary of trying to fly from the above airport. If the controllers instruct you to taxi to R24 Central, you will find the TGS guides you to a holding point in a parking area adjacent to the runway.

I tried twice to get the aircraft in a position where I could be in what should be the holding area and get clearance to take off but without success.

As a matter of interest. It's one of those runways where you have go up the runway about 200-300 metres and turn it round before you can take off. The whole airport is really busy with all three runways in constant use.

John

Profile Quote
pschlute
Post subject: Re: LEPA Pakma de Mallorca
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:31 pm

I have had a similar experience at a couple of airports around the globe, where I get taxi'd to a car park !

This will be down to the AFCAD for the individual airport concerned.

Peter

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:38 pm

JohnY, which scenery did you use?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:57 am

In this case it was Mega Scenery Earth Thomas.

John

PS - With the P3D version of My Traffic X

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:18 am

JohnY wrote:
In this case it was Mega Scenery Earth Thomas.
Sorry, I wasn't clear clear about what I meant here:
Relevant for taxiing is the AFCAD of this airport. If you buy e.g. Aerosoft's scenery Mallorca X Evolution, it will include a new AFCAD. And there are other AFCAD files for LEPA downloadable from Avsim and elsewhere.

So I assume you use P3D's default AFCAD.

I had similar problems with FSX's default EHAM, but it got much after installing Ray Smith's AFCAD from Avsim and updating PF3's database.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:05 am

Blimey. I'll have a look at the Aerosoft product Thomas but I'm not sure I'll want to buy it. Its the first time I've ever been to Mallorca and I'm not sure I'll ever go there again so unless it's freeware (joke Aerosoft?) its hardly worth spending money on.

Oh, and yes, you're right it was probably the P3D AFCAD as I don't think Mega Scenery Earth worry too much about that as from the looks of their stuff, although the scenery is based on Google Earth, I think all they do with the airports is to do flatten's for them to avoid the terrible cliffs you get with photo scenery v default FSX.

John

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:25 pm

Try some of the things linked from http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/spain.html or google for LEPA AFCAD.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:51 pm

That's great Thomas. Thanks a lot for these. I'm going to try a couple first to see how they lie over the Mega Scenery Earth stuff. If that's good, you've given me a time consuming job! :)

I suppose you don't have any for France and Germany I could look at? I have a few but nowhere near enough for the size of these Countries.

Thanks again.

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:22 pm

JohnY wrote:
That's great Thomas. Thanks a lot for these. I'm going to try a couple first to see how they lie over the Mega Scenery Earth stuff. If that's good, you've given me a time consuming job! :)

I suppose you don't have any for France and Germany I could look at? I have a few but nowhere near enough for the size of these Countries.

Thanks again.
The website Thomas quoted has stuff from all over the world.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: