OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

FSUIPC + PF3 Connection Hotkey Not Working

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
TBennett
Post subject: Re: FSUIPC + PF3 Connection Hotkey Not Working
Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:16 pm

Dan77 wrote: *  Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:19 pm
I use a low-tech solution but it may be helpful as you start out. You can find the pf3_disp.dat file which is located in your PF3\PF3_Displayer folder, open it with a text editor, and print the file. This will list the default hotkey functions according to the ATC facility you are tuned to. As Dave mentioned you need to be sure there are no hotkey conflicts with MSFS or other add-ons you may be running. I think it's best to start out with CP Mode 2 so VCP handles the comms.
Thanks for your reply Dan, that is not a bad idea, i may well do that! as far as i have seen so far, there are no conflicts and everything seems to be well other than the missing display.

Edit: I changed this setting as it was on #0 as i wanted to do it all myself, but on reflection, i believe it is best to let my trusty copilot take it over until i am more familiar with the software.
Thanks for the recommendation!
pointy56 wrote: *  Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:30 pm
Alternatively you may wish to take a look at Web Display, which will give you what you need in a browser window.
You can arrange for it to be autostarted by PF3 in Options#2, Advanced Options:
2024-04-13 18_25_53-Advanced Options and INI File Tweaks.png
Then you simply open 'localhost:7339' in your choice of browser and it will show the currently available commands as your flight progresses.
You will find documentation in the folder 'PF3_Displayer\PF3_WEB_Display' within your main PF3 folder, but the defaults should get you started.

Hope this helps,
Martin
(Web Display developer)
Thanks again! i did read about that in the manual i believe, i will give it a go and see how i get on with it, it seems to be exactly what i am looking for! I did see a youtube video where the display was in-game and listed all the numbered options which is what it sounds like this does?

Edit: Reading the tooltip says that this option is for a networked pc or same pc with a second monitor, i only have a single monitor and no other pc to use so i cannot use this option?

Profile Quote
pointy56
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:35 am

Web Display can be used from a browser on the same PC as PF3 with a single monitor (but you would need to switch windows between FS and the browser), on a second monitor on the same PC or from a browser on another PC or other device, such as a mobile or tablet - it is very flexible.
It can also be accessed within MSFS by installing the toolbar add-on which comes with it - that may be easier for you, instructions are in the PDF.

However, as you are just getting started then I would do as Dan has suggested - print out the hotkey list and set PF3 in VCP 2 mode until you are familiar.

Cheers,
Martin

Profile Quote
TBennett
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:45 pm

pointy56 wrote: *  Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:35 am
Web Display can be used from a browser on the same PC as PF3 with a single monitor (but you would need to switch windows between FS and the browser), on a second monitor on the same PC or from a browser on another PC or other device, such as a mobile or tablet - it is very flexible.
It can also be accessed within MSFS by installing the toolbar add-on which comes with it - that may be easier for you, instructions are in the PDF.

However, as you are just getting started then I would do as Dan has suggested - print out the hotkey list and set PF3 in VCP 2 mode until you are familiar.

Cheers,
Martin
Grabbed the list and will print it out and see how i get on, it is definitely better than trying to remember them!
Will also give the toolbar addon a try as well as i think that may be what i have seen in action.

Profile Quote
TBennett
Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:23 pm

Well i tried the Web Display and it was very helpful with it listing the frequencies and clickable buttons and so on which is great!
However, it is not what i saw on a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKzb2uqk39c at 11:14 mark bottom left corner.
I managed half a quick flight yesterday, but i needed to pause the sim and when i came back it crashed! trying again today but i really like what i'm seeing so far!

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:04 pm
Site Admin

What you're seeing in the video is the user of In-SIM windows, which work with MSFS or P3D. Full details are in the user guide and I did mention the settings for these in an earlier reply to you

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TBennett
Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:35 pm

Dave March wrote: *  Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:04 pm
What you're seeing in the video is the user of In-SIM windows, which work with MSFS or P3D. Full details are in the user guide and I did mention the settings for these in an earlier reply to you

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
Hey Dave thanks for your response.
I am not sure how i missed that section when reading the manual but now it works perfectly for me! I had ACARS window active as recommended, but changing to PF3 captions window brought it up.
Thank you all for your help and advice.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: