OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Requesting help editing display?

Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 »
Perch8808
Post subject: Requesting help editing display?
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:34 pm

Hi,

I'm using the latest PF3 Web Display that shipped with 3.20.0, I use it on a second monitor and I like the compact display and the ability to click on frequencies.

-The word wrap for remote text doesn't seem to work, and the spacing on the top "Hide Default Commands" button is wonky.

-Some spacer artifacts in the bottom part of the display

I am trying to figure out how to clean up the display items. I'm not really a js guy so I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Attachments
[ attachment ]
y6UUp3egTL.png (48.59 KiB) Viewed 21351 times
[ attachment ]
g5NMnij13Y.png (42.18 KiB) Viewed 21351 times

Profile Quote
pointy56
Post subject: Re: Requesting help editing display?
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:00 am

Thanks for highlighting these issues, I was unaware of them.
Unfortunately there isn't anything that you can do to fix these yourself; I will need to update the Web Display template file to try to address them.
(The template file for Web Display contains the base HTML and Javascript from which the page sent to the browser is built dynamically at runtime)

I'll take a look at soon as I have a few moments.

Regards,
Martin

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pointy56
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:53 pm

Perch8808 wrote: *  Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:34 pm
I'm using the latest PF3 Web Display that shipped with 3.20.0, I use it on a second monitor and I like the compact display and the ability to click on frequencies.

-The word wrap for remote text doesn't seem to work, and the spacing on the top "Hide Default Commands" button is wonky.

-Some spacer artifacts in the bottom part of the display
I've just realised that it looks as if you're accessing Web Display using the MSFS Toolbar add-on. I don't see these issues with a standard web browser so I think that some of the problems are due to the way that MSFS displays HTML; the 'artifacts', for instance, are caused by standard HTML.
I will have a look to see if I can handle these areas differently, but if you have a second display I would suggest that you use a web browser instead.

Cheers,
Martin
Web Display developer

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Perch8808
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:27 pm

Thanks for the reply Martin. I will try setting up with a browser. It looks like Firefox will work according to your notes.

Profile Quote
Perch8808
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:32 pm

OK I've got it working fine with Firefox but I was curious about the contents of the msfs-ingame.zip folder.

The PF3WebDisplay.ini file does run the in-game pf3webdisplay. The browser worked fine but I was wondering what the purpose of the in-game folder contents was for.

Attachments
[ attachment ]
ccO1slXcLe.png (26.85 KiB) Viewed 21332 times

Profile Quote
pointy56
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:36 pm

The zip file contents are used to enable the Web Display toolbar add-on in MSFS - this is described in Appendix C of the notes.
All of the other files are part of the main Web Display application, the web server software that provides the interface to PF3.

Cheers,
Martin

Profile Quote
SkyCamel
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:03 am

I'm having a similar "issue" with WebDisplay in Chrome running on a Linux machine.
Everything works as expected, only I don't have "word wrap" for the remote text.
I have LittleNavMap running on the same Linux PC and I put the browser resized to a "small column on top of it.
Like this I can and follow on LittleNavMap and see the WebDisplay together.
Unfortunately the remote text doesn't "wrap" so it just goes out of the window.
Is there anyway I can reduce the number of characters per line in the remote text so it would go to the next line automatically?
Cheers,
Luc
BTW great job you did there Martin! Solves my problem having a Linux PC as networked computer so I can't use the provided .exe for
remote text and PF3 display :-) (yeah I tried Wine, that didn't work)

Profile Quote
pointy56
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:09 am

Apologies for the delay in responding, I have only just seen your post.

I will take another look at the remote text area of the display to see if I can handle it differently.
It will depend on what I am able to do with the HTML, I'm no expert!

Cheers,
Martin

[ img ]

Profile Quote
SkyCamel
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:34 am

Hi Martin,
it's not a showstopper so take all the time you need, enjoy the sun or in our case, the rain :(
Just pushing my luck here, if you could also (or in stead off) integrate the ATC log that would make it perfect ;-)
Cheers,
Luc

Profile Quote
pointy56
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:46 pm

OK, give this a try - copy the updated 'template.pf3w' from this zip archive into your PF3_WEB_Display directory, overwriting the old version.
(This will show as Server Release 2.0.3, Template Release 2.0.4 when you start Web Display)

I believe that it should fix both of the issues previously identified by Perch8808:
The word wrap for remote text doesn't seem to work, and the spacing on the top "Hide Default Commands" button is wonky.

When I looked at the template again I realised that I'd already fixed the button issue, but for some reason not released it.
And I believe that I've found a relatively easy fix for the word wrap issue too.

Please let me know how you get on.

I will have a think about also providing the ATC log, but I believe that it's handled in a different way by PF3.

Cheers,
Martin

Attachments
Template-204.zip
(51.57 KiB) Downloaded 146 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]
Return to “PF3 WEB Display Support” | Jump to page 1 2 3 »
Jump to: