OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Descent Problem

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
woyzeck42
Post subject: Descent Problem
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:11 am

Dave,

It appears that per your earlier advice I can manage to take off and cruise along pretty well. I have also identified all the SID and STAR approaches and deleted waypoints about 33 miles away from destination airport. However when I am close to the airport the ATC is still telling me to ascend to 37000. I know there is something I am missing or doing wrong. I just cant put my finger on it. Any advice would be appreciated. Log is attached.

Rich :(

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(713.46 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Descent Problem
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:20 am
Site Admin

PF3 expects you to reach your cruise altitude.... if you can't do that before reaching the start of your STAR I would suggest you lower your cruise altitude. When you reached FLCHR you were still at FL 330

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Sabretooth78
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:42 am

woyzeck42 wrote: *  Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:11 am
Dave,

It appears that per your earlier advice I can manage to take off and cruise along pretty well. I have also identified all the SID and STAR approaches and deleted waypoints about 33 miles away from destination airport. However when I am close to the airport the ATC is still telling me to ascend to 37000. I know there is something I am missing or doing wrong. I just cant put my finger on it. Any advice would be appreciated. Log is attached.

One thing I've done in situations like this - I usually catch it, so it hasn't happened in a while - but when you get to cruise you can do a "H" or "L" plus "zero" keystroke and it'll essentially reset your "requested" cruise level to your current. I suppose if you get an "unable", just spam it until you get approval! :D

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:52 pm
Site Admin

Sabretooth78 wrote: *  Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:42 am
woyzeck42 wrote: *  Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:11 am
Dave,

One thing I've done in situations like this - I usually catch it, so it hasn't happened in a while - but when you get to cruise you can do a "H" or "L" plus "zero" keystroke and it'll essentially reset your "requested" cruise level to your current. I suppose if you get an "unable", just spam it until you get approval! :D
You only need H or L, no other keystroke is necessary in this scenario

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: