OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

App Speed, Vectoring, and requesting instrument app

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Rick Schaefer
Post subject: App Speed, Vectoring, and requesting instrument app
Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:59 am

Morning Dave. Touching on a few things I've been experiencing with PF3. It seems to be constantly calling for me to slow to WAY below safe speed during approach. On the last flight safe app speed was 150kts and it was wanting me to slow to 130kts. Don't have anything defined in the setup about speed reduction. Is there a way to completely disable speed calls on app and let me handle it myself based on my aircraft?

The vectoring for the app is rather strange. It sends me 30 or more miles out from the airport in the wrong direction before slowly vectoring me back. Again, no options set for FAF.

I may have mentioned this before but I cannot get the "request instrument app" to work correctly. All I ever get is "unable at this time" and that's on ALL airports.

I'm including both the debug log and my PFE.ini options file so maybe you can see if something is wrong in the setup. Take it easy!

-Rick

Attachments
Logs.7z
(453.71 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: App Speed, Vectoring, and requesting instrument app
Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:14 pm
Site Admin

Hi Rick,

When I first looked at the approach vectoring on a map I too felt it was somewhat way out... but then I noticed you have your FAF distance set to 15 miles... which is twice the default and recommended value of 7 miles! So the approach vectoring with that setting was spot on!

The flaps up stall speed for the PMDG 737 is 125, which PF3 rounds up to 130... that's why you were told to reduce speed to 130. This is easily changed by adding a value to the 'Final App Speed' in Options #2/Advanced Options. Whatever value you enter will be added to the value found in the Flight_Model.cfg file. So adjust the setting to 10 will give you an approach speed of 140. You could also setup a profile but I think this is the easiest way to accomplish what you want.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: