OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 Software and Kaspersky Anti-Virus products

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Locked   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
pointy56
Post subject: PF3 Software and Kaspersky Anti-Virus products
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:28 am

A number of people, including Dave and me, have encountered problems with Kaspersky Anti-Virus products flagging various PF3 programs as 'Malware' or a virus, blocking execution and then removing the offending file. We have always believed that these were 'false positives', but understand that people might be reluctant to disable their anti-virus software to get around these problems.

I have recently been addressing several issues directly with Kaspersky and am pleased to say that they now class these problems as 'false detections' and will be making fixes available in a future AV database update - this should address the currently identified issues.

So here's a request:
Should you encounter an issue with Kaspersky AV software in future, please post a message in the forum with the following details and I will take it up with Kaspersky - Name of program affected with file creation date and time (so we can identify the specific version) and a screenshot of the AV message.

Thanks,
Martin

[ img ]

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Locked   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: