OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Some important problems with 3.10.50

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
mrfoxik
Post subject: Some important problems with 3.10.50
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:29 pm

Hello.
Flight VFR through waypoints
Screenshot "DEP Freq": After contact with departure window with available shortcuts shows Lower/Higher Alt (Clouds), Lower/Higher Alt (turbulence) and everything is working here properly.

Screenshot "Oslo Radar Freq": After contact with Oslo Radar, window with available shortcuts changes, there is no more option Lower/Higher Alt (Clouds), Lower/Higher Alt (turbulence) but by pressing 3,4,5,6 you can call out those options. Maybe window shows shortcuts not properly.
Second thing is option "1" in radar (Start Approach Handoff). By pressing "1" nothing happen, even after passing last waypoint. Maybe it comes when player will pass one of the waypoints in too big distance. It would be nice to have option to force PF3 to continue providing ATC for player when player will miss one of waypoints on route (due to bad navigation for example) by cancelling not activated waypoints on the back because PF3 stucked several times here during handoff form radar to departure. Deparature handoff did not happen.
Third thing in Radar control shortcuts is shortcut ctr+shift+h+(1-9) or H+(1-9) and ctr+shift+L+(1-9) or L+(1-9) request higher/lower altitude shortcut seems does not work.

Screenshot " Unicom Freq": Here the problems is with option "3" turning BASE. Nothing happens by pressing "3"

Attachments
PF3 report.rar
Logs, screenshots, map, flight plan
(1.92 MiB) Downloaded 63 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Some important problems with 3.10.50
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:25 pm
Site Admin

Sorry but the version of PF3 you are running is no longer supported. Version 3.10.50 was released in May 2021 and there's been several updates since then. Please download/install the latest cumulative updates package from this forum. If your problems still persist after that then do report back and include your most recent log files.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
mrfoxik
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:17 pm

Damm. Rally? I am clicking "check for updates" then getting info version is currently up to date and update checked 20.03.22 so I thought that everything is updated. I am struggling with many issues and did not know that we have new version.
I am going to update. Thx

Profile Quote
mrfoxik
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:19 pm

Ok several things has been repaired but those below are still suffering
Screenshot "Oslo Radar Freq": After contact with Oslo Radar VFR from Deparature VFR, window with available shortcuts changes, there is no more option Lower/Higher Alt (Clouds), Lower/Higher Alt (turbulence) but by pressing 3,4,5,6 you can call out those options. Maybe window shows shortcuts not properly.

Changing alt by REQUEST ALTITUDE - shortcut ctr+shift+h+(1-9) or H+(1-9) and ctr+shift+L+(1-9) or L+(1-9) does not work in VFR under Oslo Radar.

Do you need logs from the newer version of PF3 3.15.7?

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:41 pm
Site Admin

Thank you. If you're reporting something that's not working you do need to include your latest debug_monitor.log file after recreating the problem.

With regard to H/L (1-9) it certainly does work but the keying sequence has to be done properly. Basically to request a higher altitude you press and hold the H key then immediately press and release a numeric key, finally you release the H key

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
mrfoxik
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:41 pm

Hello again.
I have prepared for you logs in .rar and short movie which shows mine problem with "request higher/lower altitude" H/L + (1-9) from VFR FLIGHTPLAN.
Link to the movie: https://youtu.be/LORjuLOhmxg

Now I am going to test IFR flightplan and results I am going to describe soon
Let me know if you will need more tests.

Greetings

Attachments
Logs VFR.rar
(150.48 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

Profile Quote
mrfoxik
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:15 pm

And now I am comming with report from IFR flight plan and "request altitude" H/L + (1-9) shortcut and presentation of available shortcut window in IFR fligth plan under "Norway Control" (after handoff from depp to Norway Control).
Here you have short movie from IFR example what shows the problem.
https://youtu.be/9TKrTO4Q86M

Conclusion:
There is a bug in VFR flights what causes that available shortcut window shows improper shortcuts list after handoff form depp "to Oslo Radar".
In IFR flight available shortcut window shows correct shortcuts list in depp, Norway Control and App.

Second problem is with "request altitude":
There is a bug in VFRs what causes that H/L+(1-9) does not work after handoff form depp to Radar Control.
This shotrcut works in IFRs after handoff from Dep to Norway Control.

Attachments
Logs IFR.rar
(90.3 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:28 pm
Site Admin

Thank you, we've noted your feedback

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
mrfoxik
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:31 pm

You are welcome.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: