OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Go around?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Abcdeflijus
Post subject: Go around?
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:10 pm

Hello pilots,

Have a question about "go around" procedures.
On my last flight I needed to initiate go around, because airplane that landed in front of me, did not clear the runway in time.
Everything went as it should, I've reported going around, was transferred to approach, but what's next?
It just told me to climb 3000.
Some airports have missed approach procedures, that directs you to holding point, but in my case it didn't.
I know PF3 has nothing to do with Navigraph, but I am using their charts. And for that airport missed approach is just climb runway heading to 3000, vectors will be provided. I've not heard anything else from approach apart from climb to 3000. Flew far enough, than just re-joined some point in the STAR for the runway again and contacted tower. This time landed successfully.
But what is correct way to do "go around"? Should there be something set in SID/STAR settings? I don't see anything else for that apart MAP alt... :?
Would really like to learn more about that and fly more realistically, as with AI in P3D "go arounds" can be very common :D
Log file attached if needed.

Thanks,
Viktor!

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(544.09 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Go around?
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:20 pm
Site Admin

Approach should vector you back into the pattern. However, I note you are using version 3.12 so please update to the latest version (3.13) as it is the only version supported. If the Auto Updates option reports you are up to date please download and install the latest cumulative updates package from ths forum.

Should this problem occur again please repost and include the debug log file. I can't , unfortunately, spend time sifting through log data for an issue that 'might' already have been addressed

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Abcdeflijus
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:31 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for a quick reply.
Strange about the version, because just few days I did an auto update and everything was fine.
However I did not checked version after updating, as I thought everything was successful.
Will sort out the update first and will see later if I still have a problem with that.
Hopefully not ;)

Regards,
Viktor.

Profile Quote
Abcdeflijus
Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:28 pm

Hi Dave,

Well... Updated to latest version manually. Now on 3.13
I did a short flight and intentionally did a go around to test it.
And nothing happened again. I just circled long enough until I got bored and asked to be cleared to finals on pilots discretion.
How ever, I've noticed, that after updating I am now experienced more other issues. Attached is my last flight, which was not smooth at all if to be honest, not sure if this has something to do with update.
Few other problems to report for your information.

1. Opposite to wind directions runway instructions (using active sky, and PF3 was long enough connected to sim, before asking clearance).
2. Initial climb to 7000, but was not instructed to climb further even after asking higher FL. Usually asking for higher altitude works well.
3. Every time now I fly on approach it is always asking me to reduce speed to analogical values. For example to 160 on downwind. Not very practical and economical with 737 at this stage. I have final app speed switched off in the settings (this started after update).
4. This did not happened this flight, but happens very often, when in the middle of the flight, controller is calling me "Traffic at flight level XXX, squawking XXXX, contact controller on XXX.XX, which I am already contacted and am on required frequency. And it can happen many times in a row. While this happens, I am missing contact point for approach and then the flight is getting messed up.
5. Possibility of pilot error for all above, but needs to be proved, so could you please check the attached debug file :D

Thanks in advance!
Viktor.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(496.82 KiB) Downloaded 53 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:47 pm
Site Admin

Very strange... just tested a 'go around' here and it worked perfectly. The only thing I can see that's possibly upsetting things is that you were flying in a circle. When you declare a missed approach you should maintain your current heading until told to do otherwise, unless following a MAP... either way you would maintain a set heading. When you're in the approach pattern you really shouldn't be making any turns or altitude changes unless instructed to do so by ATC.

With regard to your queries...

1. PF3 detected AI traffic using runway 4R, which is why you were given that runway

2. You have to ensure you maintain the last ATC instruction regarding altitude and remember there is a bug in MSFS whereby the altitude you think your at doesn't match with MSFS

3. Why not set it to ZERO then you will be using the correctly configured speed for your aircraft?

4. That usually means you were handed off and have changed frequency but have failed to make contact. Next time it happens please post a new report and include the log file

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Abcdeflijus
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:34 pm

Dave, thanks for taking your time and replicating my flight. Appreciate it so much.
I tried it again, but this time as you recommended, followed runway heading. And still no success.
By the way I forgot to mention my full set up. I am on P3D V4 (not MSFS), Active sky and MCE.
What I am thinking, maybe this is MCE messing the things up, because FO is having difficulties reporting go around and I need to kick in and report it by my self. Maybe then PF3 is not interpreting my words correctly? But I guess if tower tells me to contact approach it means they no I am going around? :?
I have attached log again for the same but last flight, just in case you want to have a look, but don't waste too much time on that, as I think it's me doing something wrong. I'll just keep trying until I will succeed.
Other things what I've mentioned are clear for me now and it was much better this time.
Apart that again it cleared me for FL120 and kept me way too long on there. Beyond SID. I don't think this would be realistic.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(518.58 KiB) Downloaded 54 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:03 pm
Site Admin

You only flew a few miles whilst in contact with Approach and then you changed back to the Tower frequency. Why would you do that?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Abcdeflijus
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:51 am

Dave,

I did few same flights, not sure which one I logged for you.
How many miles is "few miles"? And how much it should be? For me it looked long enough.
And if I remember well, I asked for "clear to finals".
I was wondering, if it makes any difference that I always fly with SID/STAR on? Will I still be vectored if I declare go around?
And if so, shouldn't it be faster in a small airport with no traffic at this time?

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: