OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Headphones

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 25 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Headphones
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:34 pm
Site Admin

I can only confirm PF3 is still playing the one second silent wav file on startup, so if it's no longer working as it was maybe there's been a Windows update that's changed things. Sorry I can't help further

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
dtsakiris
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:49 am

I have found a work-around for now, albeit a somewhat cumbersome one.

In my PC I have the onboard sound device connected to a simple surround speaker system, a second sound device via USB for the headphones, and a third for the TV I use, via the Nvidia graphics card sound capabilities. I'd like most of the sound to come from the speakers, and with almost all add-ons, that means the speakers have to be the default device in Windows. ATC (PF3) and the FO (MCE) should be on the headphones, and one or two other add-ons on the TV speakers.

For a while now, Windows 10 has the capability of redirecting sound output of single processes to any sound device. It's in the "Other Sound Options". The problem with that is that, for some reason, PF3 (and other programs also, like FSCabinCrew or the F1 GTN avionics) aren't affected by that configuration without an additional action: Switching back and forth the default sound device once. So, the process is as follows: PF3 sound output is pre-set in Windows to the headphones, the speakers are the default sound device. I start PF3, but the output is to the speakers. Now I toggle the default device in Windows once, and suddenly PF3 output goes to the headphones. So, I have implemented that toggle in my start-up script via nircmd programs.

This works for now (I hope, I have hardly tested it), but it would be great if one day one could choose the sound output device in PF3 directly - maybe even on the fly, while in the air...

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:32 pm
Site Admin

Thanks to the input from the PF3 WEB Display author, Martin, we have now added the ability to redirect PF3 audio output to your chosen device.

Check out version 3.15.1

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pointy56
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:44 pm

dtsakiris wrote: *  Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:49 am
... it would be great if one day one could choose the sound output device in PF3 directly - maybe even on the fly, while in the air...
The update enables selection of the output device to be made *before* PF3 connects to FS, and this selection is preserved across PF3 sessions.
Unfortunately it would be quite complex to change the device selection once PF3 has connected to FS and started to play sounds.

Cheers,
Martin

[ img ]

Profile Quote
dtsakiris
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:53 pm

That's really great, thank you both!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 25 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3