OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Feature requests or suggestions

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
massimo390
Post subject: Feature requests or suggestions
Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:41 pm

1) L and H keys alone:

"XYZ request lower"
"XYZ request higher"

Then ATC calculates the lowest altitude based on AI traffic and flight plan (TOD or TOC not to be considered). This is handy before or if you are too close to destination. It's very important that ATC determines the altitude not the pilots.

2)C+L or C+R
one time "xxx Center, XYZ request left deviation due weather" (or right dev.)
ATC: "XYZ Left deviation approved when able fly direct ABCD" (next appropriate waypoint)
C+S+0 "XYZ"

3) Center tells you the STAR and Approach in use so you can prepare and brief the procedure before TOD.
"XYZ expect the ABC Arrival, ILS 25R in KBOS"
C+S+0 "XYZ" (optional)

4) ATC volume: Don't lower it, only the other pilot's. Usually ATC has a BIG antenna. Other traffic volume is good to be random, but maintaining consistently that volume at least for a while.

5) "Resume own navigation" instead I suggest "Fly direct to ABCD (next logical waypoint) then as filed, climb or maintain or descend FL XXX"

6) Instead of "Out of FL XXX climb to FL YYY JetBlue 123" just "Climb to FL XXX JetBlue 123"
Just like you have already in your ATC recordings.

7) Emergencies are essential for me, this is the reason I bought PF3, you can't do that in Vatsim. After an Emergency is announced: ATC will provide vectors and altitude clearances only if the pilot request them. PF3 is using a hybrid solution I noticed, it gives vectors and altitudes adding "at pilot discretion", but if you don't want them and you are on the emergency drill this is annoying just to hear all that and trying to ignore it. ATC main job is to deviate traffic for you and if you request assistance, then and only then vector you, provide info etc.
The keys for this I am not sure. But I suggest something like this:
C+S+E "Mayday, Mayday, XYZ declaring an Emergency, standby!"
ATC "XYZ, roger"
now PF3, while waiting for instructions from the distressed airplane deviates all traffic. ABC turn right my maintain xxx.... CDE hold etc,.." (it would be great if PF3 was able to vector and separate AI! maybe in a future release? this is really very important and expected from any program like this one)
Next command could be a number 1 to 6, to request:
1 Departure Airport no vectors
2 Departure Airport vectors for Approach available
3 Destination Airport no vectors
4 Destination Airport vectors for Approach available
5 Enroute Airport no vectors
6 Enroute Airport vectors for Approach available
Next command:
ATC "XYZ, do you require to evacuate on the runway?"
C+S+Y or C+S+N
All AI should be flying or hold on the ground until you are cleared of the runway

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: Feature requests or suggestions
Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:51 pm

massimo390 wrote: *  Sat May 13, 2017 4:41 pm
1) L and H keys alone:

"XYZ request lower"
"XYZ request higher"

Then ATC calculates the lowest altitude based on AI traffic and flight plan (TOD or TOC not to be considered). This is handy before or if you are too close to destination. It's very important that ATC determines the altitude not the pilots.

2)C+L or C+R
ATC: "XYZ Left deviation approved when able fly direct ABCD" (next appropriate waypoint)
C+S+0 "XYZ"

3) Center tells you the STAR and Approach in use so you can prepare and brief the procedure before TOD.
C+S+0 "XYZ" (optional)

4) ATC volume: Don't lower it, only the other pilot's. Usually ATC has a BIG antenna. Other traffic volume is good to be random, but maintaining consistently that volume at least for a while.

5) "Resume own navigation" instead I suggest "Fly direct to ABCD (next logical waypoint) then as filed, climb or maintain or descend FL XXX"

6) Instead of "Out of FL XXX climb to FL YYY JetBlue 123" just "Climb to FL XXX JetBlue 123"

7) Emergencies are essential for me, this is the reason I bought PF3, you can't do that in Vatsim. After an Emergency is announced: ATC will provide vectors and altitude clearances only if the pilot request them. PF3 is using a hybrid solution I noticed, it gives vectors and altitudes adding "at pilot discretion", but if you don't want them and you are on the emergency drill this is annoying just to hear all that and trying to ignore it. ATC main job is to deviate traffic for you and if you request assistance, then and only then vector you, provide info etc.
ATC "XYZ, roger"
now PF3, while waiting for instructions from the distressed airplane deviates all traffic. ABC turn right my maintain xxx.... CDE hold etc,.." (it would be great if PF3 was able to vector and separate AI! maybe in a future release? this is really very important and expected from any program like this one)
Next command:
C+S+Y or C+S+N
All AI should be flying or hold on the ground until you are cleared of the runway
1. It also very important for pilots to request altitude changes for example weight limitations. If you are a bit close to your calculated TOD then that means a more rapid descent. Normal procedure.

2. "deviation" doesn't exist in the voice scripts.

3. The current procedure is correct.

4. You can turn that option off if you want all transmissions to be full volume.

5. "resume own navigation" is correct RT.

6. So is "out of xxx for yyy"

7. You can already change the hotkey to declare a Mayday. I don't think PF3 can alter the courses of any AI. It might be able in conjunction with AI Controller. What would be a better request is to be able to abort a take-off.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:04 pm

1) L and H keys alone:

"XYZ request lower"
"XYZ request higher"

I don't really understand what you mean. ATC already descends you according to your flightplan.
2)C+L or C+R
C+S+0 "XYZ"
Would be nice indeed. But I'm afraid it would require additional wav-files so it probably won't happen in the near future.
C+S+0 "XYZ" (optional)
There is already a wishlist entry on the Beta Forum to get the expected runway at the start of the STAR.
You can already easily achieve this by requesting a clearance to final at pilot's discretion (hotkey 1).
ATC "XYZ, roger"
Next command:
C+S+Y or C+S+N
You can already achieve your Options 1 to 6:

1: Answer "Yes" to the according question and then press hotkey 1.
2: Answer "Yes" to the according question.
3 and 4: Not really supported but you could declare emergency not before you are very close to the Destination Airport and then proceed like 5 and 6.
5: Answer "No" to the according question and then press hotkey 1.
6: Answer "No" to the according question.

Your other suggestions regarding the emergency handling sound interesting. PF3 is not controlling AI traffic though.

Thanks for your input!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
massimo390
Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:30 am

RALF9636 wrote: *  Sat May 13, 2017 6:04 pm
1) L and H keys alone:

"XYZ request lower"
"XYZ request higher"

I don't really understand what you mean. ATC already descends you according to your flightplan.
2)C+L or C+R
C+S+0 "XYZ"
Would be nice indeed. But I'm afraid it would require additional wav-files so it probably won't happen in the near future.
C+S+0 "XYZ" (optional)
There is already a wishlist entry on the Beta Forum to get the expected runway at the start of the STAR.
You can already easily achieve this by requesting a clearance to final at pilot's discretion (hotkey 1).
ATC "XYZ, roger"
Next command:
C+S+Y or C+S+N
You can already achieve your Options 1 to 6:

1: Answer "Yes" to the according question and then press hotkey 1.
2: Answer "Yes" to the according question.
3 and 4: Not really supported but you could declare emergency not before you are very close to the Destination Airport and then proceed like 5 and 6.
5: Answer "No" to the according question and then press hotkey 1.
6: Answer "No" to the according question.

Your other suggestions regarding the emergency handling sound interesting. PF3 is not controlling AI traffic though.

Thanks for your input!
Thanks, I am glad to know we can do all this with emergencies. (points 1 to 6)

"I don't really understand what you mean. ATC already descends you according to your flightplan."

Maybe I have to revise my performance values, so far ATC descends me too close to the airports. Anyways in real life sometimes this happens, they get too busy and if you don't ask for LOWER or tell them "XYZ ready for descend" they forget you are alive. So maybe it should be implemented and let ATC sometimes delay your descend for whatever reason might be as in real life, even if your profile specs are correct.

"There is already a wishlist entry on the Beta Forum to get the expected runway at the start of the STAR"

Excellent!

Profile Quote
massimo390
Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:06 am

vololiberista wrote: *  Sat May 13, 2017 5:51 pm
1) L and H keys alone:

"XYZ request lower"
"XYZ request higher"

2)C+L or C+R
C+S+0 "XYZ"

C+S+0 "XYZ" (optional)

ATC "XYZ, roger"
Next command:
C+S+Y or C+S+N
1. It also very important for pilots to request altitude changes for example weight limitations. If you are a bit close to your calculated TOD then that means a more rapid descent. Normal procedure.

2. "deviation" doesn't exist in the voice scripts.

3. The current procedure is correct.

4. You can turn that option off if you want all transmissions to be full volume.

5. "resume own navigation" is correct RT.

6. So is "out of xxx for yyy"

7. You can already change the hotkey to declare a Mayday. I don't think PF3 can alter the courses of any AI. It might be able in conjunction with AI Controller. What would be a better request is to be able to abort a take-off.
1. I agree with that also to consider. If the winds change and now you expect greater tailwinds for your descend, then you should also request a lower altitude clearance earlier.

2. I know that, that's why I am asking for ;)

3. Well not talking about correct vs incorrect, anyway, I have ATC telling me to expect a runway about 15 to 30 miles before landing also runway changes (for parallel runways i.e. in KMCO). Not really safe. In real life IMC I would require a hold after that. If Center is not providing this info (which is being implemented in some places) then Approach on first contact should tell you right away, not just the altimeter.

4. I am not talking about turning options off, but to make them more realistic based on my own experience.

5. Not talking about correct, but what is most commonly used in real life.

6. Same as 5. If you check the PF3 recordings you will see that this response is not common. ERGO..

Profile Quote
massimo390
Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:31 am

Just to clarify:

From the Pilot Controller Glossary:
RESUME OWN NAVIGATION− Used by ATC to advise a pilot to resume his/her own navigational responsibility. It is issued after completion of a radar vector or when radar contact is lost while the aircraft is being radar vectored

PF3 is using Approach controllers to tell you that you take full responsibility of your navigation in radar control areas under IFR. That is INCORRECT. They can't do that unless they radar fails or you are under VFR rules.

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 am

massimo390 wrote: *  Sun May 14, 2017 5:31 am
Just to clarify:

RESUME OWN NAVIGATION− Used by ATC to advise a pilot to resume his/her own navigational responsibility. It is issued after completion of a radar vector or when radar contact is lost while the aircraft is being radar vectored

PF3 is using Approach controllers to tell you that you take full responsibility of your navigation in radar control areas under IFR. That is INCORRECT. They can't do that unless they radar fails or you are under VFR rules.
This is also already under discussion in the beta forum.

Regarding the descent: If ATC does not descend you in time you can just press L+9 as often as you need.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:48 am

massimo390 wrote: *  Sun May 14, 2017 5:31 am
Just to clarify:

It also can be used if I "complete" the SID before the end. For example if the SID ceiling is FL140 and I attain that altitude before the end of the SID (which is more often than not nowadays as the ceiling is usually a minimum requireiment). Supposing some of the published SID route is still to be flown then having reached the SID ceiling ATC can clear me to continue my climb and you can, subject to restrictions such as not to overfly a built-up area can request "direct to" even though you are technically still flying the SID. Except that once above the SID ceiling the SID no longer applies other than the reason I have stated.
Where "Resume own navigation" in PF3 is definately not correct is at the end of a STAR when it gives that call in order to let me fly to the ILS.

There are and always will be "grey" areas due to the limitations of the voice set. Fortunately in the majority of cases all that needs to be done is to eliminate some ATC calls altogether and that is what we are looking at and discussing in the beta.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:19 am

Sorry I haven't read everything in the thread ;) but if you are consistently being descended too late you may want to post a log. Sometimes tweaking the flight plan can make a difference.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:57 pm

Dan77 wrote: *  Sun May 14, 2017 10:19 am
Sorry I haven't read everything in the thread ;) but if you are consistently being descended too late you may want to post a log. Sometimes tweaking the flight plan can make a difference.
Even if you don't fly a STAR it's always a good idea to look for any altitude constraints they have and incorporate them into your fpl at the appropriate wypt.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: