OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

AI Taxi to runway instructions

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
StefanA
Post subject: AI Taxi to runway instructions
Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 am

I'm currently investigating the demo and was surprised that the ATC messages to AI seem to be different than the FSX-ATC messages found in the list of sent messages in kneeboard window. Every AI gets something like "taxi to runway hold runway XX" without the taxiways to be used.

Looking into the manual I found 8.7 at page 87 (conflict monitoring) where you describe that you don't exactly know the routing of the AI but only the positions. Regarding the message window where every FSX-ATC message is written with the assigned route, isn't it possible to read this message and analyze for the required information. Perhaps this could be used for conflict avoidance as well as for transmitting more realistic instructions to AI aircraft too.

I checked the FSX-SDK, but in that short time I couldn't find the required information if it is possible to pick the original FSX-ATC messages for parsing it.

FSX SP2, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Core I7-4930K (6 core), 16 GB, GeForce GTX 780TI
UT-Live, ASN, PMDG B747-400, PMDG B747-400 V3, PMDG B737-800NG, Level-D B767-300, FS Passengers, GSX, AES, ...

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: AI Taxi to runway instructions
Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:26 am
Site Admin

Please don't compare PF3 with the default ATC as you will find many differences. As for reading the FSX kneeboard I have never had any success with that and PF3 does not use SIMConnect. Personally I wouldn't like to hear extended AI/ATC transmissions and would much rather get on with my own flight.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
StefanA
Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:11 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Sun May 07, 2017 10:26 am
Please don't compare PF3 with the default ATC as you will find many differences. As for reading the FSX kneeboard I have never had any success with that and PF3 does not use SIMConnect. Personally I wouldn't like to hear extended AI/ATC transmissions and would much rather get on with my own flight.
Hi Dave, hearing this messages isn't extended. It's real to hear the taxi messages of other aircraft to know their intentions. I didn't want to compare it with default ATC, I only asked if it is possible to retrieve the information out of the standard ATC ground frequency. It seems that exactly that works with clearance, because the clearance for AI traffic seems to be 1 to 1 from standard ATC. Anyway I saw the clearance messages on the "remotetext" window and thought that you get it from the FSX ATC, which makes sense for correct separation. Personally I don't use the kneeboard, but it just opened automatically and I saw the default ATC and in "remotetext" window the PF3 messages. That was all. And it was only a suggestion and I would appreciate to get it as real as possible, because I'm using FSX for procedure training.

It's because of the content out of the FSX which would additionally help the conflict manager to avoid traffic incursions. I just activated my license 30 minutes ago because I'm convinced about your product. Especially the ocean procedures I didn't find anywhere. I compared very detailed before I decided to spend my money. The decision for MCE/PF3 wasn't really easy because I don't have too much time left for testing, but I did this decision now, although I couldn't get the PTT to work with the demo version. But I found an announcement that it works in full version.

FSX SP2, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Core I7-4930K (6 core), 16 GB, GeForce GTX 780TI
UT-Live, ASN, PMDG B747-400, PMDG B747-400 V3, PMDG B737-800NG, Level-D B767-300, FS Passengers, GSX, AES, ...

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:28 pm
Site Admin

We certainly welcome any suggestions and any that we believe to be 'doable' are added to our internal 'wish list' and then possibly the 'to do' list. Your suggestion, however, about reading the FSX ATC messages is not, in my opinion, possible. It may well be if using Simconnect but as I say previously PF3 does not use that interface.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: