OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

250 knot restriction

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: 250 knot restriction
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:58 pm

Heavy Metal wrote: *  Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:40 pm
Yes, brother, hot days or high altitudes are obviously going to adversely affect a jet's climb performance, the 747 included.

But, of course, when an option, the 744 is going to want to climb out faster than 250 knots. In my PMDG 744v3 for example I see it wants to typically climb out around ~275+ knots.
Just to point out on piloting skills lol. If your aircraft doesn't want to go at a certain speed there is always a reason and that has to be addressed first before accelerating. You have to bear in mind for example on a hot day that 250kts too soon as it were might not be much fun for the engines as they would be right up to their limitations.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Heavy Metal
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:35 pm

vololiberista wrote: *  Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:58 pm
Just to point out on piloting skills lol. If your aircraft doesn't want to go at a certain speed there is always a reason and that has to be addressed first before accelerating. You have to bear in mind for example on a hot day that 250kts too soon as it were might not be much fun for the engines as they would be right up to their limitations.
Obviously so. For example, I'd be lucky on a max laden jet at KDEN to get 250 knots on the departure climb out. In fact very often they have to go light on the fuel and refuel elsewhere.

However, say from CYYZ in January, departure climb out to ~FL180, my 744 is gonna want to go faster than 250 knots anywhere from 5000 feet and up.

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:29 am

Heavy Metal wrote: *  Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:35 pm
vololiberista wrote: *  Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:58 pm
Obviously so. For example, I'd be lucky on a max laden jet at KDEN to get 250 knots on the departure climb out. In fact very often they have to go light on the fuel and refuel elsewhere.

However, say from CYYZ in January, departure climb out to ~FL180, my 744 is gonna want to go faster than 250 knots anywhere from 5000 feet and up.
Here's an impossible task for you! Al Alto at maximum take-off weight. I think the Super VC10 was the only aircraft built that was ever able to take-off from El Alto with a full pax and fuel load 335,000lbs in total. Even so the take-off is much like a piston engine aircraft, with a shallow rotation and shallow initial climb angle.
It's a good airport to test your oxgen system as well. You have to don your masks both for the landing and take-off.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: