OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

assigned Approach speeds too low.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 3 of 4  [ 32 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: assigned Approach speeds too low.
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:29 am

bobsk8 wrote:
the instructions for setting approach speed for PF3 do not work. Period. If I set an approach speed of 180, I want an approach speed of 180, not 140.
Have you been hacking into Dave's code? This kind of remark is uncalled for and if I were the developer I would be rather miffed. This isn't avsim where this kind of remark is all too common. This is the developer's own forum so please show some respect. Especially as the settings do work. period! Correctly. period.
Next, why do you insist on flying your aircraft faster than a jet transport? That doesn't make sense. Either you have been watching too many of nerd cubed's videos and enjoy chucking it around the sky. Which of course you can do as it's a sim but in conjunction with an ATC add-on??????????? Where you should be flying within the flight envelope for that phase of flight. Either that or there is a bug in the aircraft developer's model that prevents you from flying at the correct speed.
As they so often say on the avsim PMDG forum read the flight manual. I'm sure you don't need reminding that prop aircraft fly much slower than jet transports. Particularly the Connie which has a very low approach and landing speed. So to demand that you put 180kts into the aircraft profile when it is not required is nonsensicle.
Don't bash PF3 for lack of piloting skills and mishandling of the aircraft.
Read the flight manual. Learn how to fly the aircraft at the descent, approach and landing phases of flight. and then decide what speed to put in the profile which will not be more than 140kts. And then and only then if there is still a problem with the ATC calls we can look at it.
160kts is for all jet transports, except if landing at max all up weight. More for Concorde. Take 10kts off for turbo props and another 10kts for fast prop liners. And once again the speed in the profile "is not" the landing speed!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:09 pm

vololiberista wrote:
bobsk8 wrote:
the instructions for setting approach speed for PF3 do not work. Period. If I set an approach speed of 180, I want an approach speed of 180, not 140.
Have you been hacking into Dave's code? This kind of remark is uncalled for and if I were the developer I would be rather miffed. This isn't avsim where this kind of remark is all too common. This is the developer's own forum so please show some respect. Especially as the settings do work. period! Correctly. period.
Next, why do you insist on flying your aircraft faster than a jet transport? That doesn't make sense. Either you have been watching too many of nerd cubed's videos and enjoy chucking it around the sky. Which of course you can do as it's a sim but in conjunction with an ATC add-on??????????? Where you should be flying within the flight envelope for that phase of flight. Either that or there is a bug in the aircraft developer's model that prevents you from flying at the correct speed.
As they so often say on the avsim PMDG forum read the flight manual. I'm sure you don't need reminding that prop aircraft fly much slower than jet transports. Particularly the Connie which has a very low approach and landing speed. So to demand that you put 180kts into the aircraft profile when it is not required is nonsensicle.
Don't bash PF3 for lack of piloting skills and mishandling of the aircraft.
Read the flight manual. Learn how to fly the aircraft at the descent, approach and landing phases of flight. and then decide what speed to put in the profile which will not be more than 140kts. And then and only then if there is still a problem with the ATC calls we can look at it.
160kts is for all jet transports, except if landing at max all up weight. More for Concorde. Take 10kts off for turbo props and another 10kts for fast prop liners. And once again the speed in the profile "is not" the landing speed!
Nobody insulted anyone., and what is your remark " hacking into Dave's code" supposed to mean?????

The Constellation cruises at over 340 MPH for your information, which you could learn if you would read the manual. I typically cruise at 220 "Knots" in that aircraft. Having to slow to a little over 1/2 that speed 30+miles from the airport is not realistic, especially when asked to descend at the same time, but I have already gone over all that, several times. I also don't appreciate a lecture on my knowledge of flying and aircraft. I have been a licensed pilot for around 4 decades, have flown $20 million dollar airline sims, and military sims, so I know just a bit about the topic of flying, and simulators.

The manual with PF3 clearly states how the approach speeds are supposed to function, and all I am saying is that they don't behave as the written instructions state in the PF3 manual . If this is the way they work, and the manual is not correct, then I will just ignore ATC commands to slow, until I am at a reasonable distance from the airport. I have beta tested several products, including a popular ATC program, and when I see something that seems to not follow the script, I report it.

And you don't have to insult me to try and prove your point. Your rude reply was totally uncalled for .

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:07 pm
Site Admin

I will look into this as soon as I can... I think I have enough information about the issue (perceived or otherwise) ;)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:32 am
Site Admin

Okay I've taken a look at this and it would appear that when on a reciprocal approach an incorrect approach setting is used by ATC... I have addressed this in readiness for the next release but you could confirm this problem only occurs when approaching from the opposite direction?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:08 pm

dmarch wrote:
Okay I've taken a look at this and it would appear that when on a reciprocal approach an incorrect approach setting is used by ATC... I have addressed this in readiness for the next release but you could confirm this problem only occurs when approaching from the opposite direction?
I will check on this and let you know.. Thanks....

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:09 pm

dmarch wrote:
I can confirm; happened to me the first time now. Had set 100 kts on the "Ini Tweak" page (with 142 kts FlapsUpStallSpeed of the A319) but was instructed to slow down to 200 kts. Was approaching from the north and had to expect vectors for Runway 35.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:25 am

Thanks for confirming

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:48 am

Set up the weather tonight for a flight into KEYW, which was a straight in approach to runway 27. Set final approach speed in aircraft profile to 170, and was given a speed to slow down to from Approach control of 190 knots. Perfect, just what I was looking for. Thinking about it, when I was having a problem, my approach was from the opposite end of the field from landing runway, so that must be the issue. :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:19 am
Site Admin

bobsk8 wrote:
Set up the weather tonight for a flight into KEYW, which was a straight in approach to runway 27. Set final approach speed in aircraft profile to 170, and was given a speed to slow down to from Approach control of 190 knots. Perfect, just what I was looking for. Thinking about it, when I was having a problem, my approach was from the opposite end of the field from landing runway, so that must be the issue. :)
Excellent, thanks

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:41 pm

Guess I spoke too soon. Flight today from KMLE to KMKC, and I set winds to favor straight into ILS rwy 19 from the north, which was assigned. 30 miles from airport I was instructed to slow to 150, while approach speed in profile was set at 170.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(300.84 KiB) Downloaded 113 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 4  [ 32 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: