OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Can't find airport in database

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Can't find airport in database
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:13 pm
Site Admin

Well I managed to get Pete Dowson out of retirement, and here's his answer
Quote:
Right. I should have noticed -- the runway length is less than 1500 feet in those two airports (and in several others in the same BGL).

See this in the MakeRunways README document:

MINIMUM RUNWAY LENGTH
By default MakeRunways imposes a minimum runway length of 1500 feet, otherwise runways are omitted from the data files. This is to eliminate so-called "ghost" runways being included -- very small runways provided only to allow AI Traffic to be directed better for landings and takeoffs.
If necessary you can override this value. Just use a command line parameter in the form:
/>n where n gives the number of feet to be considered the maximum for exclusion. Take care not to make this too small for fear of including those "ghosts", but if you really do want to see all, you can set />0.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
johnhinson
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:37 pm

pointy56 wrote: *  Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:00 pm
I'm not sure what to suggest - I may try to get access to the source code to see if I can fix this issue.
I know it is rude to hijack a topic - sorry - but if you do go down this avenue there is another small issue which I think must be MAKERWYS and not PF3. If you add an ILS to an airport (in FS2004, at least) it isn't recognised by PF3 and you are still given a visual approach.

I was aware PD wasn't developing it further so hadn't thought it worth mentioning but if changes are likely to be made it is worth considering.

John

My co-pilot is called Sid and he's a real Star!
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:34 pm
Site Admin

Hi John,

Well Pete didn't actually make any changes and he did mention to someone else a short while ago that he was completely retired from programming, so I wouldn't hold your breath. But you can always ask the question on the support forum. How are you making the change?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pointy56
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:43 pm

Quote:
Right. I should have noticed -- the runway length is less than 1500 feet in those two airports (and in several others in the same BGL).

See this in the MakeRunways README document:

MINIMUM RUNWAY LENGTH
By default MakeRunways imposes a minimum runway length of 1500 feet, otherwise runways are omitted from the data files. This is to eliminate so-called "ghost" runways being included -- very small runways provided only to allow AI Traffic to be directed better for landings and takeoffs.
If necessary you can override this value. Just use a command line parameter in the form:
/>n where n gives the number of feet to be considered the maximum for exclusion. Take care not to make this too small for fear of including those "ghosts", but if you really do want to see all, you can set />0.
Please note, this will only work if you enclose the parameter in quotes, like this: MakeRwys.exe "/>500"
However, I can confirm that with this value (500) it will include both LECK and LEMQ in the output (LECK is 861, LEMQ is 1331)

Hope this helps,
Martin

Profile Quote
playingitbyear
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:29 am

Thanks Dave and Martin. I will re-run MakeRunways again and check for LECK and LEMQ. /Mike

Profile Quote
playingitbyear
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:56 am

Ok, I ran MakeRwys again and did the database refresh and now PF3 recognizes LECK and LEMQ. The runways.csv file that was showing 82,692 rows (runways) on the normal run, now shows 92,598 rows (runways) now that I asked for all runways >500 feet, with the: MakeRwys.exe "/>500" command. Thanks everyone for your help with this! /Mike

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:11 am
Site Admin

Thank you for getting back to us with the results.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: