OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

VCP volume to be not hearable (VCPVol=-3001 CRASH)

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
mrfoxik
Post subject: VCP volume to be not hearable (VCPVol=-3001 CRASH)
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:07 pm

Hey.
I am streaming P3Dv4 and some MFS, and I would like to have inaudible VCP volume, so during stream I will give commands by my voice and pressing PF3 hotkey of this command at the same time. So the viewers would have better feeling like I would be speaking to the ATC.

VCP Volume is stil hearable even if slider in options is on minimum. In PF3.ini line 67 I have found this:
VCPVol=-3000
It responds for how loud you will hear the pilot, if you will put value lower than "-3000" PF3 crashes/or you will get error.

Can we make something with this for me?

Thank you in advance

Profile Quote
mrfoxik
Post subject: Re: VCP volume to be not hearable (VCPVol=-3001 CRASH)
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:18 pm

Ok never mind, never mind.
30min I am fighting how to do it, but it was to easy to do.
In options 1 we have Pilot's voice, it was enough to choose NONE!

Lol, face palm, I am an idiot :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile Quote
mrfoxik
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:02 pm

Ok, I have tested it now, but when Pilot's voice is set to "none" then PF3 does not give me time to say command.
So any possibility to volume down VCPvol to zero would be the best solution.

Any ideas?

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:06 pm
Site Admin

With the Pilot voice set to none it's the same as when using a voice recognition program. Use the PTT key when you want to speak and set the PTT delay as necessary (Options #1)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
mrfoxik
Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:32 pm

Nice Thank you for that feature.
I have read the manual about PTT and VCP, so I understood how it works now.
I have one more question/ask but do not know how to describe it.
I am using closed caption mode to display commands form ATC to me and from my VCP to ATC as text, it helps me a lot how to built whole command and do not say stupid things. The text in closed caption window appears at the same moment as my VCP starts to chat with ATC, that is why I wanted to volume down sound of my VCP and read the command from text in closed caption window.
PTT delay works perfect, program wait certain amount of time to let me finish talking command but sometimes I do not know what to tell,heh :D and closed captions window does not show me how the command as text how it should look like.
I do not know if it would be a problem to you to make something like this (scenario options#1 pilots voice=none, VCPmode=off, PTT pause interval=10sec):
I am pressing for example hotkey 6 (radio check) then PTT keyswitch, then program waits 10sec for my command but at the same time it displays in closed caption mode command to show me how it should look like.

I know that there is a lot of effort to cover my stupidity, so maybe easier it would be to allow option to set VCPvol=-9999, then I am pressing hot key 6, text has been shown in closed caption mode as text, I am reading it, or can make sure that I am correct, VCP chat this too at the same time but it is not hearable and ATC will respond in proper time without PTT interval.

Just asking, if is it too much effort to allow to set "VCPvol=-9999" to mute VCP.
If it is too much time consuming plz ignore it, I will try to find the way how to workaround it until I will learm aviation english.

Greetings

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: