OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Oceanic Procedures Selection

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Sabretooth78
Post subject: Oceanic Procedures Selection
Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:51 am

Would it be possible, to have as an option, the ability to disable the automatic Oceanic Procedures for flight plans including Gander and Shanwick centers?

Today I'm flying a EHAM-TNCM flight plan (route below), which runs through Shanwick but also clips the southeast corner of Gander. Therefore, since it invokes that "auto" feature, I was unable to assign a more "correct" oceanic procedure which would include the portions of Santa Maria and New York Center that the plan also traverses. So in essence, about 2/3 of what should be considered oceanic is handled by normal radar service.

I do understand the convenience that the feature provides given that the bulk of oceanic flights people do are NATS, but perhaps an option in the flight plan selection window to override the feature on a case-by-case basis, as opposed to, say, a more global option in the Options #2 window. Judging by activity I see on Volanta, there do seem to be a significant amount of pilots on the Caribbean - Europe routes which would often run into similar situations.

Route: EHAM VALK3S IDRID L980 LAM L179 UGBET Q60 UGNUS L18 DIKAS P4 EVRIN ADARA/F380 51N020W 49N030W 43N040W 31N050W RKDIA M576 NEYDU MNOLO ULUBA1 TNCM

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Oceanic Procedures Selection
Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:30 pm
Site Admin

I'm still giving this one some thought :)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Sabretooth78
Post subject: Re: Oceanic Procedures Selection
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:36 am

I found another "bug" in the process of setting manual oceanic sectors, so I figured I would post it here since it's a bit similar. I ran another similar flight recently (TBPB-EGKK), and while this one didn't clip Gander Oceanic, I had to set the manual limits. In this case, the requirement of having to set the oceanic segment end on an 'XXX' waypoint can be problematic. See the attached flight plan.

In this case, the oceanic segment should end at GAPLI (Shanwick -> London). However, the only nearby 'XXX' waypoints were somewhat further ahead along the route or before 4420N - some distance within Santa Maria Oceanic, about 2/3 of the way along the "correct" oceanic segment length. I chose the one before 4420N just to be safe in case PF3 decided to plan shenanigans too close to landing. Of course, GAPLI is in essence an 'XXX' waypoint, but the dialog box doesn't indicate that.

Other than that, everything worked pretty much to plan, so I didn't keep the logs.

Thanks!
TBPBEGKK.zip
(1.22 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: