OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

No ATC Hotkey display after local keys appear

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
pck42
Post subject: No ATC Hotkey display after local keys appear
Posted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:05 pm

Hello David,
PF3 loads and gives clearance Hotkey panel displays for about 15 second and disappears. Clearance audio and TSG work as does takeoff clearance. Airborne instruction to contact tower are given as is the "radar services terminated squak ####. Still no hotkeys and all PF3 ATC communication stops. Can only continue the flight using FS ATC. Help!
pck42

Attachments
DBRebuild.zip
(29.73 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

Profile Quote
pck42
Post subject: Re: No ATC Hotkey display after local keys appear
Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 2:41 pm

debug_monitor.zip
(1.22 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Hello David,
Pbviously I cannot expect help if i fail to update the correct ap file. Sorry
PF3 loads and gives clearance Hotkey panel may or may not display for about 15 second and disappears. Clearance audio and TSG work as does takeoff clearance. Airborne instruction to contact tower are given as is the "radar services terminated squak ####. Still no hotkeys showing or working (no beeps) and all PF3 ATC communication stops. Can only continue the flight using FS ATC. Help!
pck42

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(1.22 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 4:00 pm
Site Admin

Try using the default hotkey sequence Ctrl + Shift + T to display the hotkeys window.

I'm a little confused because first you say all the ATC instructions but then say you get not ATC instructions. Do you mean AFTER Radar Service is terminated?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pck42
Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 9:25 pm

Hi,
Yes CST brings up the commands ( I have spent hours reading the manual and knew this but didnt seem to work before). PF3 provides clearance, TGS, Takeoff Clearance, some other inflight commands until "radar services terminated". All frequencies and responses are handled by PF3 ATC using my CP.
Once climbing PF3 changes Hotkeys to inflight mode. I can use Hotkey2 to obtain destination ATIS. But at that point all comunication with PF3 ATC stops. #9 no beep/no response...#0 no beep/no response...#1 does not Activate Handoff but instead connects with FS ATC and my CP is asking for flight following. All further communication is with FS ATC. I have tried manually tuning to Tower and Approach frequencies to no avail. I am flying a Cessena 172 Skyhawk. Hpoe you can figure this out!
pck42

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 9:53 pm
Site Admin

Unfortunately, the log you supplied does not seem to sync with what you're explaining. However, the log shows you are using the VFR Free Flight mode and as with an VFR flight once your radar service has been terminated you are no longer under ATC control. If flying to an uncontrolled airport you would need to contact Unicom to advise of your intentions

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pck42
Posted: Sat May 28, 2022 4:23 pm

Please advise if this debug_monitor.log reflects what I am actually reporting to you. I cannot understand why the last two logs did not. Regardless of what happens later in the flight (KTPA to KSRQ Via KLAL) Hotkey 9 reports my position. ATC responds with "Airports is XX Miles SW.Fly and maintain 2000 feet at pilots discretion. Maintain Heading 360. ??? Fly heading 360 when airport is SW? Does the log reflect that command? If so, can you explain why? Lets take that as a first step. I did change the VFR setting to use ATC.
pck42.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(533.41 KiB) Downloaded 35 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat May 28, 2022 8:26 pm
Site Admin

Yes the 'heading 360' is a bug

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pck42
Posted: Sat May 28, 2022 9:11 pm

Hi Dave, Actually it might not have been. I have solved all the problems and frustration I (and you) were having and PF3 works perfectly now. I was loading a Approach proceedure before sighting the airport. Certainly screwed things up and disabled the Hotkeys. Always wondered why ATC didn't give me the proper runway when I first reported my position. Now all is well! Thank God I don't have to use FS ATC anymore. Next step Voice Recognition. Any platforms you recommend? Thanks for your assistance and by the way, why doesn't MS pay you a couple of million euros and replace their lousy ATC with yours? Thanks again for you efforts.
pck42

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat May 28, 2022 10:00 pm
Site Admin

Glad you have it sorted and thank you for your kind words.

Regarding VR there is only one I could recommend and that's Multi Crew Experience (MCE)

http://www.multicrewxp.com/

I know a lot of our users use it, it works seamlessly with PF3 and we have worked with their developers to ensure it does so.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: