OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

how is departing RWY selected?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
jkennebeck
Post subject: how is departing RWY selected?
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:28 pm

About one out of every 5 or 6 flights i notice that the runway for departure is directly opposite the winds at the airport. screen attached on the most recent one.
rwy 29/11 (295/115)

Just wondering if there is a way to get the system to choose a more appropriate departure runway.
[ attachment ]
Screenshot 2022-04-20 092601.jpg (107.12 KiB) Viewed 506 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: how is departing RWY selected?
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:17 pm
Site Admin

PF3 first checks to see if any AI aircraft are using a runway for landing/departing and if so we use that one. If not we use wind direction. If you consider something is not correct please include the debug log (see large red message at the tope of this forum). With a log we can tell you exactly what happened and why

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:49 pm

It's also a good idea to keep AI turned off until the weather is fully loaded and the winds stable, or wipe out and refresh the AI after the weather is fully loaded. If AI in the sim are active before the weather is fully loaded, they often start using the runways based on default weather (usually landing and departing north) and then when the winds are loaded from a different direction (for example, southeast) you have a problem. PF3 detects AI using runway 29 and is forced to use that runway despite the winds being from a different direction. I keep the AI at 0% until the winds are correct and then set the AI to the desired level.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
jkennebeck
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:53 pm

thank you both for your replies. i will give the AI trick a try. when all else fails there's CTL SHF W to request the other runway, which i've been doing as to not take off with a tailwind.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: