OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

terrain awareness plans

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 23 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: terrain awareness plans
Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:12 am

RALF9636 wrote: *  Tue May 02, 2017 7:21 pm
ThomasAH wrote: *  Tue May 02, 2017 5:28 pm
RALF9636 wrote: *  Tue May 02, 2017 4:55 pm
You should always activate the STAR option when you fly into an airport in mountaneous terrain. You won't be vectored into a mountain and the controllers keep their jobs. ;)
Hmm, what about a list (or algorithm?) to mark certain airports as always requiring a STAR, so PF3 can throw a warning when loading the flight plan and not having the STAR feature enabled?
With Randomizer 3 it will be possible to have a preset for each airport which includes a lot of PF3 settings. These settings can be randomized (thus the name) but also be fixed (by setting the probability to 0 or 100). For example it will be possible to automatically always have the STAR option activated for a specific airport (you can set any probability you like for the STAR option to be activated - so choose 100 % for an airport in mountaineous terrain).

You can already do something with Randomizer 2

viewforum.php?f=10

But if you are not into it yet, don't look closer at Randomizer 2 now. Randomizer 3 will be released very shortly. It offers a lot more options and is much more user-friendly. I think it will be a great enhancement for PF3.
I presume with randomizer 3 that previous settings are/can be saved so that if it doesn't work the original settings can be put back. It does seem that randomiser is becoming an extra layer of options rather than a straight forward randomiser. Ver 3 sounds good though so I'll look at it when it comes out.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:59 am

vololiberista wrote: *  Wed May 03, 2017 9:12 am
I presume with randomizer 3 that previous settings are/can be saved so that if it doesn't work the original settings can be put back. It does seem that randomiser is becoming an extra layer of options rather than a straight forward randomiser. Ver 3 sounds good though so I'll look at it when it comes out.
Randomizer does nothing that could not be done via the PF3 User Interface. So every change can easily be reverted. There is also a logfile showing every change that was done by Randomizer.
To easily revert everything, just a backup of the PF3.ini file before running Randomizer will do.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
sbsim
Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:39 pm

RALF9636 wrote: *  Wed May 03, 2017 11:59 am
To easily revert everything, just a backup of the PF3.ini file before running Randomizer will do.
Randomizer 3 backs up PF3.ini automatically. Will be out this week for sure ;)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 23 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3
Jump to: