OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Vectoring problem

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
markvii
Post subject: Re: Vectoring problem
Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:22 am

ThomasAH wrote: *  Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:54 pm
16/04/2017 18:49:57: 770 - Transcript: 'Easy 4 Winds 360 at 1 runway 06 Cleared for takeoff fly heading 090  '
But you never turned to this heading, so some time later a reminder happened:
16/04/2017 18:53:03: 020 - Transcript: 'Easy 4 Turn right heading 245  '
You did not reach this new heading until a handoff to Center happened, but only about 30 seconds after that.

I think PF3 got confused at this point (which is a bug, and Dave should take a closer look at this), but if you had turned to heading 90, this problem shouldn't have occurred.
I'll file a bug report for this.
I see an update is out but no mention in the change log of fixing this "confusion". Has it been addressed ?

Thanks

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:20 am

markvii wrote: *  Mon May 01, 2017 4:22 am
16/04/2017 18:49:57: 770 - Transcript: 'Easy 4 Winds 360 at 1 runway 06 Cleared for takeoff fly heading 090  '
You did not reach this new heading until a handoff to Center happened, but only about 30 seconds after that.

I think PF3 got confused at this point (which is a bug, and Dave should take a closer look at this), but if you had turned to heading 90, this problem shouldn't have occurred.
I see an update is out but no mention in the change log of fixing this "confusion". Has it been addressed ?

Thanks
The problem here was that you didn't do what you were told. PF3 is very good at "hand holding" but sometimes it either reacts unexpectedly or not at all. Which may or may not be due to a bug. It is very difficult for any computer programme to cover "every" eventuallity, "every" wrong user input. Of that I'm sure you are aware. You are quite right to come to the forum with this type of query so that if there is a bug it can be resolved. But also try to follow instructions. Think of the possible real world consequences if you didn't follow real ATC instructions! :o

[ img ]

Profile Quote
markvii
Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:21 pm

vololiberista wrote: *  Mon May 01, 2017 10:20 am

Thanks
The problem here was that you didn't do what you were told. PF3 is very good at "hand holding" but sometimes it either reacts unexpectedly or not at all. Which may or may not be due to a bug. It is very difficult for any computer programme to cover "every" eventuallity, "every" wrong user input. Of that I'm sure you are aware. You are quite right to come to the forum with this type of query so that if there is a bug it can be resolved. But also try to follow instructions. Think of the possible real world consequences if you didn't follow real ATC instructions! :o
The prob seems to be that the software got confused becasue I was slow at doing what I was told.Sounds better.I feel less guilty if i put it like this :-).- I know nothing is perfect but I thought I'd report it just in case it can be fixed.

Thx

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:23 pm

markvii wrote: *  Mon May 01, 2017 12:21 pm

Thanks
The prob seems to be that the software got confused becasue I was slow at doing what I was told.Sounds better.I feel less guilty if i put it like this :-).- I know nothing is perfect but I thought I'd report it just in case it can be fixed.

Thx
Dave, did have a look and thought that there was no actual bug in this case. Maintaining a "listening watch" is not easy. One's faculties are tested to their limits for each medical exam. But it's all part of the realism of an ATC programme.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
markvii
Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:25 pm

vololiberista wrote: *  Mon May 01, 2017 4:23 pm
markvii wrote: *  Mon May 01, 2017 12:21 pm

Thx
Dave, did have a look and thought that there was no actual bug in this case. Maintaining a "listening watch" is not easy. One's faculties are tested to their limits for each medical exam. But it's all part of the realism of an ATC programme.
Well, something did indeed go wrong ( apart from me missing the first instructions) so maybe it is fixable this is all I meant to say.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: