OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Issues with ATC?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
stuarth
Post subject: Issues with ATC?
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:05 pm

Yesterday on a flight from EGNT to EGKK, I had entered various altitudes in the adjust sid/star & altitude screen. ATC didn't clear me from initial 4000 ft and I never received any further climb instructions to my cruise altitude,. So in order to instigate a climb I requested higher altitude (H+9). I was then cleared to 14000, but was never again cleared to my cruise altitude, which I think was 29000 ft. ATC simply kept me at 14000 ft. Also during the flight it seemed to keep switching me between East Midland and London control frequencies.
Eventually, after initiating a descent myself I was cleared down to 3000 ft. Unfortunately after a missed approach I experienced the dreaded OOM, so never got land!

I've attached the log files in the hope you may be able to explain why I was not cleared to cruise altitude or advised to descend?

Attachments
PF3-logs1704.zip
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 141 times

Cheers,
Stuart

Sim: FSXSE
Other relavent software: MCE

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Issues with ATC?
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:28 pm
Site Admin

The main problem here is your flight profile... waypoint #1 was set at 31000 and then you changed waypoint #2 to 13000... so, after reaching WP #1 PF3 assumed you were now in descent mode.

If you want to change your flight profile that's fine, but you must start with waypoint #1. Otherwise just leave it as it is... PF3 does a good job of with climb profile

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
stuarth
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Thanks David,
Guess I'll leave the Sid Star & Altitude adjustment alone, until I get more familiar with the program. I'll read the manual again too.

Cheers,
Stuart

Profile Quote
stuarth
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:26 pm

Dave,
Re the above: Can one edit the flight profile from the previous flight EGNT - EGKK, to correct the altitudes or does one need to set it each time?

Cheers,
Stuart

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:53 pm

stuarth wrote: *  Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:26 pm
Can one edit the flight profile from the previous flight EGNT - EGKK, to correct the altitudes or does one need to set it each time?
When you adjust your waypoint altitudes, the adjustments are saved in a file linked to that particular flight plan, and the next time you load the same flight you will be asked if you want to use the same adjustments. If you do not want to use the same adjustments, you can make changes and re-save them. Also, regarding climbing to cruise altitude, as Dave mentioned it is usually best to leave the waypoint altitudes set to your cruise altitude and leave the step-climbs to PF3 (see p. 80 of the manual).

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
stuarth
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:24 pm

Thanks Dan.

Cheers,
Stuart

Profile Quote