OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3_Display utility and Remote Text Utility

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
johnbla
Post subject: PF3_Display utility and Remote Text Utility
Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:32 am

Hi

I am just wondering if these two utilities can be maximised and minimised with a hotkey or keyboard shortcut. If not, is there any plan in the future to incorporate this into an update?

I realise that they are designed to be used on a second monitor, however I only have the one monitor.

I rely on these utilites to get freq's etc and I just find the current system very clunky to use and would much prefer if they could be poped up like a seperate gauge.

Am still using the demo on P3D, the main reason as listed in the paragraph above.

Thanks
John

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: PF3_Display utility and Remote Text Utility
Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:30 am

I understand your question as wanting to bring those two windows to the front, not maximizing them.

For remote text: There is an option to always keep it in front of other windows.
Alternatively do not use remote text, but only the regular closed captions window. And if you want to read something again, use the "Say again" hotkey after configuring it to not actually send "Say again", but display the window containing the last 10 messages to you.

And there are other utilities to bring any window to the front, e.g. the free autohotkey with a script like http://www.howtogeek.com/53136/use-auto ... ic-window/, or by using lua scripting in the registered version of FSUIPC, see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2135 for an example. There are probably other programs that allow the same without scripting, but I never searched for them.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
johnbla
Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:13 pm

Thanks Thomas, I'll try that.

Profile Quote
markvii
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:43 pm

ThomasAH wrote: *  Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:30 am
nd if you want to read something again, use the "Say again" hotkey after configuring it to not actually send "Say again", but display the window containing the last 10 messages to you.
How would you go about this ?

Thx

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:15 pm

markvii wrote: *  Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:43 pm
And if you want to read something again, use the "Say again" hotkey after configuring it to not actually send "Say again", but display the window containing the last 10 messages to you.
Options #2 screen, then Advanced Options screen. In the ATC Log/Say Again section, you can configure these options. You can configure the ATC log to display when you make a "Say Again" request, or you can choose to have the ATC log open automatically when you connect PF3 to the sim.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
markvii
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:36 pm

Dan77 wrote: *  Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:15 pm
And if you want to read something again, use the "Say again" hotkey after configuring it to not actually send "Say again", but display the window containing the last 10 messages to you.
Options #2 screen, then Advanced Options screen. In the ATC Log/Say Again section, you can configure these options. You can configure the ATC log to display when you make a "Say Again" request, or you can choose to have the ATC log open automatically when you connect PF3 to the sim.

Oh thanks. Would this trick be possible with pfe as well ?

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:42 pm

markvii wrote: *  Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:36 pm
Dan77 wrote: *  Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:15 pm

I don't think so as PF3 has changed a lot since PFE and this feature has only been changed in PF3. PFE is no longer supported in that it will no longer receive updates.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:23 pm

markvii wrote: *  Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:36 pm
You can, but the options are buried in the PFE.ini file which must be manually edited and saved. See the PFE manual section 7.3.3 "Say Again ATC Log" for details.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
markvii
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:54 am

Dan77 wrote: *  Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:23 pm

You can, but the options are buried in the PFE.ini file which must be manually edited and saved. See the PFE manual section 7.3.3 "Say Again ATC Log" for details.
Thanks !

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: