OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 and Vectoring.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Peter Webber
Post subject: PF3 and Vectoring.
Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:09 pm

Good day. I was wondering how is vectoring initiated or recognized in PF3, i.e. how does the program know when to start issuing vectors? Does it look at the last waypoint where a flight plan has no STAR or does it recognize that a STAR is being followed?

I flew a flight plan which required vectoring and I never received the vectors from ATC. Is there a way to inform PF3 that vectors will be required or does it take it from the loaded flight plan? Is there a way to select the option or is it automatic?

Regards,

Peter Webber.

Peter Webber.
FACT

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: PF3 and Vectoring.
Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:36 pm

If you do not have the STAR box ticked on the SID/STAR page, PF3 will begin issuing vectors after your last PF3 waypoint. For best results, your last PF3 waypoint should probably be around 25-40 nm from the destination airport. If the last PF3 waypoint is too close (less than 15 nm out) the vectoring may not work well and there may be unexpected results. If you do not want a vectored approach, tick the STAR box and when you reach your last waypoint, PF3 will clear you to final for the active runway at pilot's discretion, which means you will not get vectors. You will need to fly to the final approach course on your own or use a published procedure (PF3 does not have information on published procedures so you should consult the appropriate charts).

Last edited by Dan77 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Peter Webber
Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:50 pm

Thanks! Will try that option next time. Wasn't too clear in the manual.

Peter Webber.
FACT

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:33 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
I flew a flight plan which required vectoring and I never received the vectors from ATC
Then we really need to see the logs for that flight. Please zip everything in your PF3\Logs folder and attach them to your post, unless of course you've done a couple more flights since this issue. If that is the case please report if it happens again and don't forget to include the logs

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: