OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Standard VFR flight stuck on the runway

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
ralf_maeder
Post subject: Standard VFR flight stuck on the runway
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:20 am

I am a new user of a licenced version of PF3, using it with MSFS2020. I created a simple flightplan inside MSFS, saved it and loaded it into PF3.
The flightplan locates me right on the runway with the aircraft ready for takeoff (motor running etc), Standard VFR Flight without Push&Start.

The Copilot is in mode 2. He asks ground to open the flightplan. They respond they open it at 55 (I suppose the very same minute, it was 10:55 UTC. My Copilot thanks and then nothing more happens.
The menu displays some frequencies, then after a couple of seconds this PF3 panel vanishes.
[ attachment ]
PF3 a.jpg (244.35 KiB) Viewed 857 times
Pressing Ctrl+Shift+T opens once again a PF3 panel, this time with options from 0 to 9. I tried all of them, but apparently none of the options leads me to a clearance.
I guess I am doing something wrong or omitting something but it is beyond me what.
[ attachment ]
PF3 b.jpg (247.29 KiB) Viewed 857 times
These kind of simplier VFR flights are at the moment my preferred flights (doing short cargo runs with Air Hauler 2).

I achieved to make some succuessful flights with PF3, but they start at a gate or parking slot and I have to taxi. But when I already am positioned on the runway right from the beginning of my flightplan, I am confronted with this (user) problem. I guess there is a simple solution, hopefully.

Ralf Maeder

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Standard VFR flight stuck on the runway
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:22 pm
Site Admin

Please see the BIG RED message at the top of this forum as I'm unable to help you without seeing the log file

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ralf_maeder
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:44 pm

Dear Dave. I repeated the attempted flight with the debug log 1 enabled and have attached the zipped logfile to this comment.

Once again I encountered the same issue that no matter what I do, I can't obtain a clearance for departure or my still humble knowledge of PF3 hinders me to know what I am doing wrong.
I repeat once again: I was able to conclude satisfactory a few flights with PF3 from start to finish, but all of them started in a parked position or gate where I was instructed to taxi to the runway.

Hoping for a helping hand or advice.

Ralf Maeder

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(46.82 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:14 am

You are departing from an uncontrolled airport, so there is no Tower and you will not obtain takeoff clearance. On connecting PF3 the initial frequency display is something similar to this:

Mul - 0
Uni - 118.6
Grd - 0
Twr - 0
Clr - 0
App - 124.3
Dep - 124.3

You open your flight plan with FSS on 122.2. After this, there is no further ATC until you are in the air. Before taking off you can tune the Unicom frequency and use Hotkey 6 to announce to local traffic that you are taking the runway, but PF3 does not require you to do this. Once you are airborne, manually tune Departure frequency and press Hotkey 0 to make initial contact. When you first connect PF3, make a note of the Departure frequency because it may not be the same each time. Before takeoff you can also use Hotkey 4 when tuned to 122.2 to query for the Departure frequency.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ralf_maeder
Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:03 am

Thank you Dan77. I'll replicate your recommendations for this flight.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: