OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Canceling IFR/VFR

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Fighter Guy
Post subject: Canceling IFR/VFR
Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:45 am

Hi Dave,

I have a question regarding cancelling IFR in the air. Currently, in order to cancel IFR I have to leave the ATC frequency and switch to FSS to cancel.

It is my understanding that in RW operations if you choose to cancel IFR you would do so with with the current controlling agency. Am I correct on this? If this is so, is it possible to change this feature in PF3 to accommodate this?

The same question applies to flying a VFR flight plan and trying to pick up an IFR clearance.

My point is, is it possible to receive IFR clearance or cancellation with the controlling agency instead of switching to FSS?

Tony J

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Canceling IFR/VFR
Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:51 am
Site Admin

Hi Tony,

I can't answer what happens in the RW and will have to wait for someone with such knowledge to confirm either way. Obviously it would be possible to change the way it currently works in PF3 but it would mean we'd have to introduce a new hotkey and I would imagine most users would be against having to have another hotkey.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pilotguy27
Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:23 pm

At least here in the U.S. (FAA), to cancel IFR while in flight one would contact the controlling agency they are currently assigned and request a cancel. Same goes for requesting/opening an IFR flight plan while in flight. When you're on the ground at a non-towered airport, you have three primary options to get your clearance: call flight service, call Center or Approach Control directly, or use a clearance delivery phone number. So, currently how Dave has it setup by contacting FSS on the ground to open IFR/VFR plan is correct. The only option we currently do not have is to contact center or approach directly by radio from the ground, which is an option at some airports and the frequency is listed on the chart.

Hope this helps.

Matt

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:03 pm
Site Admin

Thank you Matt... appreciate your knowledgeable input

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pilotguy27
Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:46 pm

Additionally, I would not mind an additional hot key, especially if would add to the realism.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: