OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 COM frequency data?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
martinlest
Post subject: PF3 COM frequency data?
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:36 pm

I'm trying to synch these with Little Navmap (PF3 & LNM seem to use different COM frequencies for at least 50% of all facilities). Could someone kindly remind me, from where does PF3 collect its COM frequency information when it is preparing its databases? I might then be able to persuade LNM to use the same source. Thanks.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Post subject: Re: PF3 COM frequency data?
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:34 pm

(Meant to add, that using XP11, PF3 draws on an Excel file called F5.csv for its COM freq. data - I can edit that file to change or add COM info in PF3, after rebuilding the database of course: but I think that that is a file created by PFEtoXplane, the plugin that links PF3 to XP11??).

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:45 pm
Site Admin

PF3 get's all such info from FS, using Makerwys. How you do so with XPlane I have no idea. Any of those frequencies can, however, be changed by PF3 to handle duplicates, etc., so the chances of getting a match with Little Map is highly unlikely

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:35 pm

OK, thanks Dave. The Excel files come from PFEtoXPlane then (I was fairly sure, but not 100% - memory going!) and I'd need to see if LNM can be made to use a similar (or even the same) file to get its COM frequency data. (What I want is LNM to show the same frequencies as PF3 currently uses, (not the X-Plane data it currently displays), rather than vice-versa).

Profile Quote
Skylon5000
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:11 pm

Do you use makerunways from this link?

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... r-x-plane/

1.) Run make runways, then run PF3 update database and skip the steps where it tries to download "Makerunways" for FSX/P3D.
This script reads the runways etc. from X-Plane.
PF3 updates the database from makerunways without any error.

2.) Inside LittleNavmap you have to run the import from X-Plane too. Have you done this?

3.) Do you use the latest PFETOXPLANE? The time stamp from the latest win.xpl is 8th April 2020.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:55 pm

Hi...

Your No.1. Yes that's what I do to update the database every so often, but you can't use that make runways file unfortunately. There's a different one that will work in XP.
Your No.2. "Import from X-Plane"? Please can you explain where this option is and what I am importing? LNM is working fine and so is PF3 - I would just like them to be 'on the same page' when it comes to COM frequencies (i.e. for LNM to use those that show up in PF3)
Your No.3. No, mine is older than that! Downloaded again from SimMarket, but the file date of the xpl file is the same as the one I already have. Where did you find a newer one (file date 8th April 2020)?

;)

Last edited by martinlest on Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:00 pm
Site Admin

That utility doesn't create all the files PF3 requires unfortunately, but thank you for your post

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Skylon5000
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:01 pm

Hi Martinlest amd Dave,

1.) I´m very sorry. After your and Daves post i took a deeper look. Your are right. I tried an import again. The script from my link creates a runway.csv and a R5.csv, with this files the PF3 import failes. After that i figured out, that PF3 needs a Runways.txt, too. And that is the crap. When this file exists in my folder, the import works. I have no idea where i have this file from. But the file begins with:

The CFG file being used is: "I:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\scenery.cfg"

I never had FSX in steam, so I must have downloaded the file from somewhere. But that is already at least 1 year. Unfortunately I can't remember what I did there.
This means, i have a valid runways.csv, but a bad runways.txt from FSX. I don't have any problems with this config, so I didn't get the idea that I took the FSX file in the past.
The thing is also that the hint with the script from my link, came from one of the supporters of PFE2XPLANE.

Sorry that I have sent you on a wrong track.

2.) That is then probably also a wrong track, but in LNM "Scenery Library" and "Load Scenery Library" where you point to your X-Plane folder.

3.) Take it from here. This is the latest installer which i use.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/PFEtoXPX-Installer.zip

4.) You wrote: "There's a different one that will work in XP." Can you point me to this, please?

Bye
Andreas

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:32 pm
Site Admin

PF3 needs more than the file you mention, like G5.csv, T5.csv, R5.csv, F5.csv and Runways.xml

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:52 pm

Dave... those files you mention come with PFEtoXPlane.

Andreas: my license is for the version I have (which works fine): I'd best not try updating or it will probably all break - different file, same license...

Makerunways for XP11 (old but works fine in 11.55) is here:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... r-x-plane/

Alex, who makes (and eagerly supports) Little Navmap seems to hold out little hope that I can do what I want with the COM frequencies, so...

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: