OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 Display. More serious problem

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Dave March
Post subject: Re: PF3 Display. More serious problem
Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:13 pm
Site Admin

mrfoxik wrote: *  Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:03 pm
I do not know if I am wrong but If I remember good in old MFSX, program PF3 was creating folder in main MFSX folder. I have searched all main folder of P3Dv4.5 and have not found any PF3 .dat or others files. Maybe this causes that Display do not want to show whatever, but red dots are still on. :(
PF3 creates a PF3_Display folder in your main FS folder if it doesn't already exist

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:17 pm
Site Admin

mrfoxik wrote: *  Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:43 pm
Strange thing is I can startup remotetext.exe when P3Dv4.5 is off and PF3 is on, I get information that connection has been established. When I run P3D remotetext crashes/closes and can not open it again. Maybe some kind of redistributables are not installed, i do not know.

CORRECTION: remotetext is working on port 1008 1009, but displayer on same ports do not want to work
That really doesn't make any sense at all... RT or PF3 do not communicate with P3D until you 'connect' to the sim and then RT still does not interact with the sim, so this is very, very strange. When this 'crash' occurs do you get an error message? Have you check the Windows Event Logs?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
mrfoxik
Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:27 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:17 pm
mrfoxik wrote: *  Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:43 pm
Strange thing is I can startup remotetext.exe when P3Dv4.5 is off and PF3 is on, I get information that connection has been established. When I run P3D remotetext crashes/closes and can not open it again. Maybe some kind of redistributables are not installed, i do not know.

CORRECTION: remotetext is working on port 1008 1009, but displayer on same ports do not want to work
That really doesn't make any sense at all... RT or PF3 do not communicate with P3D until you 'connect' to the sim and then RT still does not interact with the sim, so this is very, very strange. When this 'crash' occurs do you get an error message? Have you check the Windows Event Logs?
This we can skip, I have solve it by myself. Remote text works on 1008 1009 and 1010 without problems.

Last edited by mrfoxik on Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Quote
mrfoxik
Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:28 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:13 pm
mrfoxik wrote: *  Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:03 pm
I do not know if I am wrong but If I remember good in old MFSX, program PF3 was creating folder in main MFSX folder. I have searched all main folder of P3Dv4.5 and have not found any PF3 .dat or others files. Maybe this causes that Display do not want to show whatever, but red dots are still on. :(
PF3 creates a PF3_Display folder in your main FS folder if it doesn't already exist
PF3 does not create any folder in main directory of P3D flight simulator

Profile Quote
mrfoxik
Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:49 pm

I have checked windows event viewer (aplications) there are no errors.

But this may interest you. I have very old installation file, after installation PF3 discovered old version and started auto update. During this process it updated something but applications was showing the same old version of the software. When tried to update manualy, PF3 gave me information that this is the newest version of the application but I have seen on interface that it is very old version and many new features are missing.
So I started to digging in forums and I have found that sometimes PF3 do not want to autoupdate, so I did it manually via cumulative PF3 update file. Now application shows correct version an all new features are available...but displayer can not connect.

Maybe you have better base installation file, I can reinstal it form new file and try to autoupdate ... maybe it will fix something. maybe this version what I have already it is kind off hybrid :D
PF3 does not create any folder in main P3D directory, hmm.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:21 pm
Site Admin

The base installer is version 3.0 and hasn't changed since initial release. Some system do have issues with the auto updates and I believe it 'may' be something to do with system security/anti virus.

Going back to your PF3 Display issue, you do know that PF3 Display will not connect to PF3 until PF3 has connected to FS, don't you?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
mrfoxik
Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:47 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:21 pm
The base installer is version 3.0 and hasn't changed since initial release. Some system do have issues with the auto updates and I believe it 'may' be something to do with system security/anti virus.

Going back to your PF3 Display issue, you do know that PF3 Display will not connect to PF3 until PF3 has connected to FS, don't you?
Yes of course I know about it that Flight sim must start, and load flight then after setting up everything, press connect and I am getting sound signal that PF3 has been connected to FS + ACRAS Freqs + TA of airpors etc. I am rather advanced user of PF3. I've been using it for 2-3 years.

Everything is on 3min movie.

I have taken under consideration antivirus, firewalls etc and I reinstalled PF3 with antyvir off and without firewall. This did not help too.
Strange thing is that PF3 doesn't create folder with freqs in main FS folder.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:04 am
Site Admin

Maybe a folder permission problem. Where do you have P3d installed?.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
mrfoxik
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:13 pm

D:\Flight Simulator P3D\Prepar3D
D:\ is in exceptions path for antivirus

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: