OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Very Low vectors to ILS Approach

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Petercove
Post subject: Very Low vectors to ILS Approach
Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 6:09 am

Plan was KPDX to KSEA in the Cessna 441. Mostly IFR conditions to Seattle up at 8000ft. All went well until near Seattle where I was cleared tp 6000 at Pilot's discretion. Shortly after I was instructed to descend to 1000 ft and then told to expect vectors for Runway 34L ILS. I came down to 1000' and then was given a couple of heading changes which had me scooting across the thresholds of the three runways ay Seattle and then a big loop around to intercept the ILS quite close in (5 miles from memory). Any idea why I would be given such a low level course. I was expecting maybe 3000'. Also in such circumstances am I able to say "Unable" Similarly I was told to reduce speed to 100 knots which is a bit slow. I am not sure if I had clicked to use the proper profile (senior moment!). It would be good if I could again say "Unable, request maintain 120" for example.

Cheers

Peter

log file zipped attached.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 77 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Very Low vectors to ILS Approach
Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 11:44 am
Site Admin

The problem was caused by your last waypoint being far too close to the airport. You used the airport's VOR (SEA) which PF3 see's as a distance of 1 mile. You would have received a warning when loading the flight plan so you really do need to check these out. Simply removing the waypoint, which you can now do within PF3, would have solved the problem.

We recommend the last waypoint should be no closer than 15 miles at the very least...

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Petercove
Post subject: Re: Very Low vectors to ILS Approach
Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 11:07 pm

Hi Dave,
Thought it would be something simple. Regarding the option to return an Unable response could that be a future option perhaps? Maybe along the lines of the Ctrl Shft W theme.
PC

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: