OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 unresponsive

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Tigerhawk
Post subject: PF3 unresponsive
Posted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:35 am

I did a flight from Luxembourg to Heathrow. Everything started OK, but once I reached initial cruise I needed to step up from FL330 to FL340. I pressed h + 1 but nothing happened. I tried C/S/T a few times but again nothing. After I reached where I thought TOD was I had nothing at all so began the descent and landed. I did press C/S/W and got the warp page. At no time did I get "nag" or instruction from PF3 apart from 1 traffic advisory when near Heathrow. Nothing after landing either.
Not sure what happened, or what I could have done to try to prompt a response.

Attachments
Logs.zip
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 68 times

Dave

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: PF3 unresponsive
Posted: Mon May 17, 2021 12:02 pm
Site Admin

Well this is an interesting one....

After being handed off to Paris control on 118.25 you remained on that frequency for about 15 minutes. The, just before you tried to request a higher altitude your COM frequency changed to 118.05. After a further 5 minutes, when you tried the 'H' hotkey again your COM changed to 125.7. A further three minutes after that and you tried the 'H' key once more and your COM frequency changed to 126.47 and that's where you stayed for the rest of the flight. Consequently there were no further handoffs because you weren't runed to any active facility.

My 'guess' is you have the 'H' or the '1' key mapped to something in MSFS because the frequency only changed when you used that particular hotkey sequence.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Tigerhawk
Posted: Mon May 17, 2021 3:46 pm

Thank you Dave,
That is probably correct. I had removed the H (and L) from the list of MSFS keyboard assignments, but didn't think to remove the 1, which was "ATC panel choice 1" in the default options, this must have changed the COM1 frequency.
I have also removed all the 0-9 ATC panel choices from the MSFS keyboard profile, I assume this will have no effect on PF3?

Dave

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon May 17, 2021 3:56 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
I have also removed all the 0-9 ATC panel choices from the MSFS keyboard profile, I assume this will have no effect on PF3?
Correct, in fact they definitely need removed from MSFS in addition to any other hotkeys in PF3

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:16 pm

Dave,
Maybe a "sticky" post with regards to keys and mapping.
Basically the "User" needs to delete any hotkeys that they are not using in FS2004,FSX and MSFS albeit the ones they need to keep.
I have started to do this so to avoid conflicts in FDC or PF3.
Just a thought...

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: