OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

"... contact tower on XXX.X when established"

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
martinlest
Post subject: Re: "... contact tower on XXX.X when established"
Posted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:02 pm

Well, perhaps it is a 'special case' Dave, an issue with XP11 and this particular aircraft (Flight Factor B777, which I have not had for long): I notice that the b777 radios do not visibly change frequency but the change seems to have occurred nonetheless, as you notice from the log.

Next time I will try, just with this aircraft, changing to the tower frequency manually (even though I am in Mode 2). This 777 seems a little immune to PF3, for some reason!

Thanks.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:37 pm
Site Admin

I don't think you were in VCP Mode 2... I know you hit the hotkey to change from 1 to 2 but it didn't seem to work, so you were in mode 1.

Strange you say the radios don't change because that's what I was picking up on, the fact your radio remained tuned to Departure for the majority of the flight. It could be the developers are using different memory locations for the radios... remember FSUIPC is used to collating that info from the standard MS memory offsets and since you're using XUIPC (or whatever it's call) I guess the data could be anywhere.

But I'm waffling and clutching at straws. Not sure what else I could do or suggest but if you need further help tracking it down, just shout.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:38 am

I don't think you were in VCP Mode 2... I know you hit the hotkey to change from 1 to 2 but it didn't seem to work, so you were in mode 1

But the VCP was answering ATC for me, I am pretty certain? Strange...

Yes, I think that this particular aircraft (a pretty complex payware addon) is set up in such a way that PF3 cannot change the radio frequencies. I was guessing that, although the radios themselves, on the pedestal, do not change, the frequencies were changing 'under the bonnet', as it were, because until the 'contact tower...' instruction things seems to work as they should (even though you say that the log shows the frequency never changed from Departure).

I am just about to fly the same a/c again and I will pay close attention to how PF3 interacts. In the end though, there is, I agree, probably not much to be done: this 777 doesn't want to let PF3 change its radios and I will have to do it manually (hard to remember, because I am so used to the VCP dealing with that in all my other aircraft!).

Thank you Dave.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:16 pm
Site Admin

Wel the radios were logged as changing up to and including Departure but then it seemed to get stuck. It's almost as if PF3 can only see one Radio and perhaps you have two and main radio changed after contacting Departure... if that makes sense... eg. We can only see COM 1 but after Departure your aircraft was using COM 2, so interaction continued as normal but PF3 couldn't see it.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:17 pm

Here's another log Dave, it might be interesting to know what is going on, as this gets 'curiouser and curiouser'!

I switched to Mode 2 just before takeoff, as always: I assume I was then in Mode 2 as the responses from the cockpit to ATC happened automatically.
At an earlyish stage in the flight I was asked to contact control but didn't. ATC repeated the instruction and I changed the frequency manually.
Later however I was asked to contact control again, on 130.62 - doubtless you can locate that. This time however, with no input from me (the radios did not show the change to 130.62) there was a response from the VCP, as if all were working normally. I changed the radio to 130.62 myself soon afterwards. Did the change to 130.62 happen before I changed the radios? If not, how come I got a 'normal' response, as if the frequency had been set by the VCP? (That's a rhetorical question really, Dave!).
There was also an 'auto-reply' when ATC asked me to contact approach.. 131.15 I think. I changed manually afterwards just to be sure the radios were set right, even so .
When asked to contact tower near the destination, I changed to 118.1 myself and then hit the kay once I was on the localiser. Worked fine. Not sure what would have happened had I done nothing (I meant to try that, but forgot!). All normal thereafter.

Very odd... seems to work one minute then not another. Not much to be done from OnCourse's side I would think. This post was more 'FYI'..

Martin

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(1.62 MiB) Downloaded 58 times

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: