OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Runtime Error 438 & Hotkeys

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 15 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
musky
Post subject: Runtime Error 438 & Hotkeys
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:45 pm

Running into a few problems since reinstalling PF3. Frequently getting Runtime 438 Errors “Object does not support method or property”. I struggle sometimes to get hot keys to work and I am not convinced this is not down to FSUIPC or MSFS. The attached log is a flight I abandoned before I got off the ground. I tried select a new runway but pressing 1 did not toggle TGS so when I pressed CS+W I got skip next taxi point. I know pressing “CS+W” will also trigger a “W” command in MS so if “W” is set up as command in MSFS it will trigger that command even though it part of a single key combination of Control+Shift+W.

I tried to toggle Hot Keys windows On and & Off but pressing CS+T toggled it off but pressing CS+T again did not toggle hot keys windows back on. Sometimes H/L+n requesting higher/lower altitude works and sometimes it doesn’t, and when it doesn’t it always the same issue the VCP requests whatever the current altitude is. Now if this was finger trouble on my part it would work the second or third time I tried but I find if does the wrong thing once it does it every time for the rest of the flight.

Oh and I should add that at least some of the time I can ignore the Runtime Error and continue with the flight.

Hope the log file is informative

Thanks

Attachments
PF3.7z
(71.58 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Runtime Error 438 & Hotkeys
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:37 pm
Site Admin

When does the 438 error occur. What is it you're doing at the time?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
musky
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:49 pm

It usually happens early on such as during the taxi sometimes I don't know its happened because the popup is hidden it could be when TGS is active.

As a follow up see attached log on next flight when PF3 stop communicating after instruction to contact ground when ready to taxi

Attachments
PF3_2.7z
(46.71 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:12 pm
Site Admin

PF3 didn't stop communicating but you did! You never contacted Ground. Your VCP changed the frequency but you never hit Hotkey #0 (you have the Auto Mode turned off so have to manually make contact)

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
musky
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:22 pm

I definitely did press 0 and more than once, I also noticed that when I pressed 1 it changed the comm 1 frequency to something else and I changed it back to required ground 121.70 and tried again and no response. There is something strange going on when I am communication with PF3. Maybe the runtime error has ssoemthing to do with it

Regards

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:29 pm
Site Admin

I don't doubt what you say but can only go by the log. I really don't know why the hotkeys fail intermittently for you. Have you check you don't have the same hotkeys mapped in MSFS? Even if you removed them previously it would be worth double checking because some users have complained about bindings disappearing and reappearing on the MSFS forum.

I'm still interested to know when the 438 error occurs. So it's not when you're using the PF3 interface it's after you hit 'connect'?

Next time it happens please provide the log as it's not showing in the previous two you submitted.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
musky
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:40 pm

Being honest Dave I'm not certain when it happens only that it happens a lot. I will be very precise in what I do and when I do it over the next few flights and hopefully I will be able to give you more helpful information then. I was just putting them down to one offs that happen in Winodws until I started to get other issues. And I will go through all my MSFS settings to make sure on the Hot key conflicts as well

Thanks

Profile Quote
musky
Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:31 pm

Not really got any more concrete info on my problems with PF3 just now, only that the run time error 438 has the heading PF3_CM in the pop-up and it just might be that when I get this error is when PF3 stop communicating. It is always when I press 0 to request taxi that PF3 stops communicating. For the next couple of flights I am going to have "Auto Clearance COM" enabled to see if communication problem continues. Neither the run time error or the communication problem happen every flight.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:40 pm
Site Admin

Ah, that's interesting. PF3_CM is the conflict monitor that is active during taxi to/from the runway and handles control of AI aircraft that might get on your way. So if/when yo do have a problem please include a copy of the CM_Debug.log from your PF3\LOgs folder

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
musky
Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:24 am

I got the runtime error immediately after running TGS_Display. I had "Auto Clearance COM" enabled and PF3 continued to work OK. I noticed the the CM log was empty but the TGS log was not. Log Files attached.

Attachments
PF3Logs.7z
(880.92 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 15 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: