OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Well done!

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
m_j_lyons
Post subject: Well done!
Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:34 pm

Just wanted to pass on some kudos - with the latest update I'm seeing pretty much flawless ATC. In my IFR flight from KRIR to L35 (Riverside, CA to Big Bear Lake, CA) the ATC vectored me around high terrain and all ATC interactions were as I'd expect to hear...some of the small issues that were present before the latest patch seem to have been fixed. Great job!

No fault log attached. :)

Flying the friendly skies of MSFS
XBox handle: mikejenlyons
Discord: m_j_lyons
A Pilot's Life 2: Michael Lyons

-- mike

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Well done!
Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:53 pm
Site Admin

Thank you for the feedback. Much appreciated. One point to mention, PF3 is unaware or surrounding terrain, it only knows the elevation of the ground immediately below your aircraft, so unless you create your flight plan correctly you could experience problems. Sounds like you did that or were lucky.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
m_j_lyons
Post subject: Re: Well done!
Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:05 am

dmarch wrote: *  Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:53 pm
Thank you for the feedback. Much appreciated. One point to mention, PF3 is unaware or surrounding terrain, it only knows the elevation of the ground immediately below your aircraft, so unless you create your flight plan correctly you could experience problems. Sounds like you did that or were lucky.
LOL - i was concerned - I filed at 13,000 (500 above MSA for the arrival airport!) and was given a climb to 9,000 on departure and then an immediate decent/maintain 8,500 - vectors skirted the rising terrain around Big Bear and I'm sure I could have done a better job with a flight plan that would have ensured I stayed at 13K until ready to descend but the airports are so close that I just used the departure point from Riverside as the only waypoint so vectors started pretty soon - that's on me. But it worked in the end and I enjoyed the flight.

Appreciate knowing that PF3 is only aware of terrain aware directly under the plane - I will certainly plan accordingly from now on.

Now if I can only get the new controller settings to calm down...the joystick is so darned sensitive after the last MSFS update.

Flying the friendly skies of MSFS
XBox handle: mikejenlyons
Discord: m_j_lyons
A Pilot's Life 2: Michael Lyons

-- mike

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: