OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Re. v3.10.2

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 4  [ 35 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
martinlest
Post subject: Re. v3.10.2
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:42 am

Many of the changes are welcome, but someone has decided to add some new (??) voice recordings - I now get for instance '..when ready descend 10 thousand...' Never heard the 'when ready' bit before, but frankly it sounds more like a duck being strangled - nothing at all like the sound quality of the rest of the sentence; it's even garbled out at double the speed of the rest of the instruction. Appreciate the effort to freshen things up, but please restore the old 'at pilot's discretion' and any such similar.

Or, how can I do it myself? These new spliced interjections just sound awful. Sorry! :o

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Re. v3.10.2
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:56 pm
Site Admin

Could you identify the voice in use at the time please... You may need to select 'Display Voice ID' from Options #1 if you haven't got it set already. Obviously once you know the actual voice set you could configure PF3 not to use that one at all.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:24 pm

See also the following. If you have 'Simulate Radio COMs' checked on Options #1, try unchecking it.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3353#p20198

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:21 pm

I have Display Voice ID on in any case, and I did look for the ID before posting - but I only get the identify of the pilot voice, in the Remote Text window. It is the ATC voice (showing in the COM log) that has the strange-sounding extra phrases inserted into instructions. I get no ID for the ATC voice.

I have always had 'Simulate Radio COMS' active. I never had these problems before updating yesterday. I'll uncheck it for now anyway, but hope I can reinstate it sometime soon? Thanks.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:33 pm
Site Admin

The ATC voice should also show in the Remote Text window the the ID

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:43 pm

Dave,
I'm wondering if it's similar to the bug i reported today about sound files?

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
dtsakiris
Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:55 pm

I also have noticed at least one voice set (female) seems to be mixed up. Will try to find out which one.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:07 pm

This seems to happen in a large number of ATC (not pilot) voices since the update in question. The phrases are all the same, and are all new to this update (I never heard them before v3.10.2 was installed, and they are still there in the more recent update of course). Phrases such as 'when ready' and 'calm'...

Please, please Dave, at least give us the option to revert to the pre-3.10.2 soundset. Or is there a way I can go back to the version of PF3 prior to 3.10.2 (whatever that was)? I can't imagine why these new phrases and words were added as they sound so different from the rest of the sentence, not even human half the time. Often I have no idea what the word or phrase even was unless I look at the COM window. Usually Oncourse updates are welcome and a case of 'onward and upward' but this is a very marked backward step. Sorry!

Yes, unchecking the 'Simulate COMs' stops it, but I don't like that unchecked as there is then no difference is voice quality between the supposedly 'live' pilot and ATC coming across a radio (no matter how hi-fi it is, it won't sound the same!).

Can start listing the voicesets that are affected if you like, but since the change came to many of them starting with 3.10.2, I imagine you will know what was changed.

Thanks Dave! ;)

Profile Quote
Rustydog
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:14 pm

I Have found if you uncheck Simulate Radio Comms but tick the Radio noise vol variation box and adjust slider to your liking then the voice files are all ok. This setup still gives the impression of the voice over radio sound.

Steve

Flying Daily, sometimes twice.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:05 pm
Site Admin

martinlest wrote: *  Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:07 pm
This seems to happen in a large number of ATC (not pilot) voices since the update in question. The phrases are all the same, and are all new to this update (I never heard them before v3.10.2 was installed, and they are still there in the more recent update of course). Phrases such as 'when ready' and 'calm'...

Please, please Dave, at least give us the option to revert to the pre-3.10.2 soundset. Or is there a way I can go back to the version of PF3 prior to 3.10.2 (whatever that was)? I can't imagine why these new phrases and words were added as they sound so different from the rest of the sentence, not even human half the time. Often I have no idea what the word or phrase even was unless I look at the COM window. Usually Oncourse updates are welcome and a case of 'onward and upward' but this is a very marked backward step. Sorry!

Yes, unchecking the 'Simulate COMs' stops it, but I don't like that unchecked as there is then no difference is voice quality between the supposedly 'live' pilot and ATC coming across a radio (no matter how hi-fi it is, it won't sound the same!).

Can start listing the voicesets that are affected if you like, but since the change came to many of them starting with 3.10.2, I imagine you will know what was changed.

Thanks Dave! ;)
The new phraseology is what they use in the ICAO world, according to the currently active ATC controller/supervisor we are lucky enough to have on the team. I thought users would welcome the fact that at last we are able to veer away from the predominantly FAA terminology.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 4  [ 35 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: