OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

No ATC window- MSFS networked

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
scanham
Post subject: No ATC window- MSFS networked
Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:07 pm

I have a networked install using FSIIPC7/WideFS. It seems to connect but I don't get an ATC window on my MSFS. I read something in FAQ about running PF3 runtimes on my MSFS computer, but the link doesn't work. Appreciate any help.

Steve Canham
New User

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(29.71 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: No ATC window- MSFS networked
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:31 am

Not sure but this thread may help

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3467

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
scanham
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:11 am

Okay, I have the ATC window now in MSFS which says "Waiting for Connection". I then start up PF3 on my client computer and load the flight plan. The ATC window then says: "Connection Established". I then load the flight plan and the ATC window says: "Loaded FP:KLBL to KDEN- Closed Captions ON- VCT Mode2-TAs 18000/18000.

After a few seconds, the ATC window goes black.

Steve C.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(43.67 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:35 am
Site Admin

The RemoteText window is for displaying Closed Captions (ATC text) it is not an ATC window for siaplying relevant hotkeys. That In-sim window is only available on the same machine that is running PF3 and was primarily designed for those users running PF3 on the same machine as FS. If you are running a client machine you might find the PF3_Display utility more useful.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
scanham
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:03 pm

Thanks Dave.

So, there are two windows.

Remote Text Window - for showing ATC instructions in text form.

PF3 Display Utility Window - for showing hot keys and Frequencies for answering ATC.

Correct?

Since I run MSFS in full screen, Will these window display properly/

If not, what are my options?

I could install PF3 on my MSFS machine, but i'm concerned with performance hits on my not-so-new computer.

Thanks,
Steve

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:20 pm
Site Admin

Hi Steve,

You are correct about RemoteText, it displays ATC text from/to you/AI as per your preference. Originally designed to be used on a second monitor or client because if running FS in full screen mode it would not show on the same monitor. However, things have changed with MSFS. Provided you configure RemoteText to 'Always be on Top' then you can use it on the same monitor as FS and everything works just fine. RemoteText also offers a lot of configurable options too so it's a really useful utility. I use it on a second monitor and have it configured to show ATC text messages to me in Yellow on a Red background, so it really stands out and catches my attention even in my peripheral vision, which is really handy for me as I'm almost deaf now and can't really hear ATC that well.

The In-Sim windows only display on the same PC as PF3 and were designed specifically for use with MSFS but also work with P3D. However they can also be used on the same PC as FS and the windows will display on top of the FS window whilst in Full Screen mode. However if using a client machine they will display nicely on there too. Again I use the Hotkeys window and display it on a second monitor, with PF3 running on the same PC as FS.

So the choice is really yours... you can install PF3 on either the main PC or a client. If you're concerned with using precious resources on your FS machine (although PF3 is very easy on resources) then leave it on the client and use the In-Sim windows on there. PF3 Display can also run on the client, even with PF3 running on the same machine., and will display all the relevant available hotkeys and a wealth of other information too. Personally I don't use it but there are many that do.

Hope that helps, if not let us know what else you would like clarified.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
scanham
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:52 pm

Okay, I’m getting closer..

I have PF3 Display program running in my PF3 computer.

I have the Remote Text Window showing clearance and instructions but there is no voice sound on my MSFS computer. I have voice sound at 100% in MSFS settings.

Also frequencies in my CJ4 aircraft go to 3 decimals and yours are 2 decimals. So when the Ground frequency 119.47 becomes 119.475. Won’t accept 119.470..

I see in some of the YouTubes a window with “ACARS”. I don’t have that.

Sorry, I am so dense!

Steve

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:00 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
I have the Remote Text Window showing clearance and instructions but there is no voice sound on my MSFS computer. I have voice sound at 100% in MSFS settings.
Well if you're running PF3 on client you won't hear it on your main PC without providing the necessary means for the sound to travel from one to another :o namely a cable! When I was running networked FS pc's I used to simply connect from line out on the client to line in on the main FS pc.
Quote:
Also frequencies in my CJ4 aircraft go to 3 decimals and yours are 2 decimals. So when the Ground frequency 119.47 becomes 119.475. Won’t accept 119.470..
The following is from the 'Known Issues using PF3 with MSFS' document in your PF3\Help folder
Quote:
Support for 8.33 Khz COMMs

PF3 does not currently support 8.33Khz format radio frequencies. However, we do plan to to do so in our next release (3.11). At that point we will be offering the option to use either the new 8.33Khz format or the old 25Khz format. The later will obviously be favoured by those using hardware radios that do not support 8.33Khz.
However, provided you rebuild the PF3 database, which involves running MakeRwys, it won't be a problem because the later produces both radio formats and then we use the 25Khz frequencies which you can of course still tune your radio to.
Quote:
Have you turned it on in Options #2 -> Advanced Options -> View P3D/MSFS Options ?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
scanham
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:17 am

dmarch wrote: *  Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:00 pm
Quote:
Well if you're running PF3 on client you won't hear it on your main PC without providing the necessary means for the sound to travel from one to another :o namely a cable! When I was running networked FS pc's I used to simply connect from line out on the client to line in on the main FS pc.

I have speakers on my PF3 computer, shouldn’t I get sound from it.

Quote:
The following is from the 'Known Issues using PF3 with MSFS' document in your PF3\Help folder
Quote:
Support for 8.33 Khz COMMs

PF3 does not currently support 8.33Khz format radio frequencies. However, we do plan to to do so in our next release (3.11). At that point we will be offering the option to use either the new 8.33Khz format or the old 25Khz format. The later will obviously be favoured by those using hardware radios that do not support 8.33Khz.
However, provided you rebuild the PF3 database, which involves running MakeRwys, it won't be a problem because the later produces both radio formats and then we use the 25Khz frequencies which you can of course still tune your radio to.

I have rebuilt the PF3 database after running MakeRwys. I guess I’m still confused.

Quote:
Have you turned it on in Options #2 -> Advanced Options -> View P3D/MSFS Options ?
I’ll check this

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:01 am
Site Admin

Quote:
I have speakers on my PF3 computer, shouldn’t I get sound from it.
Just checked your log again and I can see why you're not getting any sound from the client.

It appears you have some system DirectX files missing so would suggest the following:

Download the Microsoft DirectX for Managed Code Runtimes, using the following link:-

http://www.ocs-support.co.uk/downloads/ ... ntimes.zip

Once downloaded you need to unzip the content into a temporary folder anywhere on your system, then run the downloaded EXE. You will be prompted for a location to copy the extracted files into, so just choose the same temp folder.

Once that's done go into the temp folder and right-click the 'DXSetup.exe' program and then select 'Run as Administrator'

This will NOT alter any of your currently installed DirectX files but merely installs any missing runtimes in parallel
Once the DirectX Runtimes are installed please try running PF3 again and connecting to FS and let me know what happens. You can also delete the downloaded runtimes and temp folder if you wish

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: