OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

New update won't install

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Skivster
Post subject: Re: New update won't install
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:45 am

I've wrote I *didnt* have it installed in C:\FS_Addons\PF3 but in another one. i:\Games\Prepar Library\PF3\

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: New update won't install
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:36 am
Site Admin

johnhinson wrote: *  Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:03 am
Skivster wrote: *  Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:12 pm
I have the program installed not in the default location (C:\FS_Addons\PF3) but on another drive, in another folder. Maybe that's the reason something is borked with the updater?
I have a theory about the few users (including me) who can't use the automatic update. I haven't put it to the test as I would have to reinstall, but my suspicions are that it doesn't recognise non-letter characters. "Skivster" says his is installed in C:\FS_Addons\PF3 and mine is Z:\~FSX Utilities\PF3 . I just wonder if we hadn't used underscores, spaces and tildes, whether we might not have an issue. I have noticed a few other features in PFE that ignore them. What do you think, Dave?

John
The underscore character is certainly okay and infact is contained in the default (recommended) installation path

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: