OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Small "issues" in the new build

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
bbruechmann
Post subject: Small "issues" in the new build
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:12 pm

Happy New Year to all of you.

First i want to let you know, that Gerald "Mr. MCE" has already patched his great add on and now the FO can even handle with new phrases implemented in PF3.
Anyway i made some observations during my last flights which may need some refining.

1. You know, if you missed to cross a PF3 waypoint, especially at departure, you´ll be sometimes ordered "Turn left heading blablabla..." which would let you leave the SID routing. I understand, that PF3 tries to bring me back near the missed point to start again from there. I allways ignored this and in the former build of PF3, latest at the waypoint which marked the end of the SID, i´ve ordered to resume own navigation and everything went normal till the end of the flight. But the new build, if i ignore the "backcourse" i won´t get the "resume own navigation" anymore, even not when passing the end wp of the SID. Instead every station, departure, all centers and even approach, are continuing to "turn left heading blabla..." as wit was first started by departure. May it could be like in the former version, please?!

2. Sometimes i was orderd to "reduce speed to 250 knots" at departure, even when i´am already above 10.000. This for itself isn´t an issue, but i´am waiting in vain for "no speed restricton" after a certain point. If i increase the speed to cruise speed on my own, i´am also NOT commanded to reduce speed. This happens not allways but i´ve had this several times now and never was released "officially" from this speed restriction.

3. I would like to ask the best way to avoid constant runway changes while on approach. Especially in case you have an average cross wind to the runways by around 90 degree to the runway heading, it can happen that the wind is oscilating between those 90 degree. In this case you get constant runwaychanges from one rw direction to the other. I know that i can setup how ofter the wind direction or the direction of landing AI traffic is checked, but i´am not sure when PF3 is starting to check the wind direction. If this point is allways short to FAF i would set the checkcount to 1. What would you suggest as the best way.

Cheers
Bernd

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Small "issues" in the new build
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:40 pm
Site Admin

#1. Next time this happens please provide a debug log from the PF3\Logs folder. It might also just be that your first waypoint is too close to your departure.

#2 The same as #1, when it happens again please provide the log so we can see what's happening.

#3 You can reduce the number of times PF3 re-checks for the active runway under Options #1 and Advanced Options and Tweaks

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:54 pm

Also regarding your arrival runway, the process begins when you reach the last waypoint of your PF3 flight plan. At that time PF3 makes a runway assignment based on AI activity, if there is any. If there is no AI activity the runway assignment will be based on wind direction. You control how many rechecks occur using the setting on the Advanced Options screen.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bbruechmann
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:50 am

Dan77 wrote: *  Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:54 pm
Also regarding your arrival runway, the process begins when you reach the last waypoint of your PF3 flight plan. At that time PF3 makes a runway assignment based on AI activity, if there is any. If there is no AI activity the runway assignment will be based on wind direction. You control how many rechecks occur using the setting on the Advanced Options screen.
Thanks, Dan, that´s exactly what i wanted to know.

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
bbruechmann
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:55 am

dmarch wrote: *  Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:40 pm
#1. Next time this happens please provide a debug log from the PF3\Logs folder. It might also just be that your first waypoint is too close to your departure.

#2 The same as #1, when it happens again please provide the log so we can see what's happening.

#3 You can reduce the number of times PF3 re-checks for the active runway under Options #1 and Advanced Options and Tweaks
#1 i know why this can happen. It´s the behavior of the former version i´am missing, that ATC "give up" at a certain point (the Endpoint of the SID) telling me to turn to the opposite direction of my route. But i will provide a log if this happen again.

#2 stay tuned, i will do so, of course.

#3. I know that i can tweak this. Dan gave me the major information i was looking for.

Cheers
Bernd

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:03 am

In the current version the phrase "Resume own navigation" no longer occurs at the end of a SID, on the recommendation of a RW air traffic controller on the team. However, you should not be getting vectors when a SID is active. If this happens please post a log so we can have a look.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: