OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Missing the option for reqest descent

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
bbruechmann
Post subject: Missing the option for reqest descent
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:34 pm

I would like to ask for an additional option to have the possibility for requesting descent. Because i really have to use the descent profile calculation of my A320, i´am desperate for an option to request descent from ATC once i have reached my TOD or shortly before. It´s very rare that i´am instructed to descent at pilots discretion and usually the instruction to descent comes way too early or way too late i would really appreciate to be able to request the descent at my whish. In addition to this i am also missing an option to request a "further descent" to prevent from level off at the given step altitude and getting the next further descent instructions too late.
I know that i can reqest a lower flightlevel, but that´s just not the same as requesting the descent at TOD is reached.

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Missing the option for reqest descent
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:42 pm
Site Admin

I would imagine there are plenty of RW pilots who would like to commence their descent when they want to, rather than having to wait for ATC ;)

Having said that you do have the ability to adjust your flight profile in PF3 before connecting to FS

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bbruechmann
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:00 pm

The issue is, that my instructor, a RW A320 Captain, told me the desperate need to have this, because this is how it´s usually handled in the RW commercial flying. Because nearly all commercial airliners having their advanced FMGS systems for computing the flight profiles it´s much more the responsibilty of the flightcrew on an Airliner to request the descent early enough to match with the flight profile by their calculation. My instructor told me that of course it can happen that ATC can´t cope with the request, but usually in about 95 % of the cases the reqest can and will be granted by ATC, and actually will be exspected by the controller in reallife. At least it´s the flightcrews responsibilty to opeye their flight. But bear in mind we talk about commercial flights.

Don´t get me wrong, i´am not willing to fight for that option and it´s only a request. If it´s too complicated for programming, the option for request a lower FL is a workarround and it´s not disrupting the glance of PF3 at all.

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
scanham
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:49 pm

I would also like an option to request beginning of descent, for the same reasons.

Thanks!

Steve Canham

Profile Quote
dtsakiris
Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:14 am

In man experience, more often than not, PF3 gives a correct TOD. But nonetheless I would also welcome a possibility to request the descent.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: