OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums
It is currently Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:49 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
 Post subject: Re: Feature Requests
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:13 pm 

Feature Request

Would it be possible to set a particular runway at a given airport to "P" for Preferred runway, many airports have a preferred runway that they will always use unless tail wind exceeds say 5/10kts

Regards

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:21 pm 
Site Admin

Why not just turn the other runways off then the one that's left will be your 'preferred' runway. Remember these user settings have no effect on AI

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

Without a log it didn't happen!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:01 pm 

If I switch off one of the runways then PF3 will never select it even if tail componant determines it must be used. For example EGPH has a single runway 06/24. The preferred runway is 24 and will always be used unless the tailwind component goes say above 10kts in which case 06 will be used. If I set 06 to "X" in PF3 it would choose 24 even if the wind was 060 and 30kts.

Regards

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:35 pm 

Quote:
The preferred runway is 24 and will always be used unless the tailwind component goes say above 10kts in which case 06 will be used.
If the winds are say 030 at 6 knots and you want to land on 24, you can request a runway change. Also in this case the AI would probably be departing/landing on 06. Even if AI are detected and PF3 makes a runway assignment based on AI, you can still request the opposite runway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
If I switch off one of the runways then PF3 will never select it even if tail componant determines it must be used. For example EGPH has a single runway 06/24. The preferred runway is 24 and will always be used unless the tailwind component goes say above 10kts in which case 06 will be used. If I set 06 to "X" in PF3 it would choose 24 even if the wind was 060 and 30kts.

Regards
I wasn't suggesting you switch off a runway in such circumstances but thought you meant for multi runway situations like EGLL

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Dave March

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:24 pm 

Hello Dave!
Long time no speak, I hope all is well!!! I love seeing the ongoing development with PF3. I do have a feature request for a High Speed Climb request.
I understand this is quite common when a heavy is climbing out with a significant load.
Thank you!
-Paul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:44 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hello Dave!
Long time no speak, I hope all is well!!! I love seeing the ongoing development with PF3. I do have a feature request for a High Speed Climb request.
I understand this is quite common when a heavy is climbing out with a significant load.
Thank you!
-Paul
You mean to request a 'no speed restriction' below 10K?

Dave March

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:53 pm 

Not being one of those people they allow or trust to fly these things in real life I'm not sure if it is a "No speed restriction" or "High Speed Climb Request"
I found this document which implies there are a few phraseology options but that still just makes me someone who can use Google, hopefully an expert can chime in...
https://www.74gear.com/threads/cancel-s ... -climb.48/
Cancel Speed Restriction (already implemented but I'm not certain if we can request it")
High Speed Approved
Free Speed

But yes, something to request a high speed climb out or descent if the CDU is calling for it...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

Obviously we're limited to what's already in the can so we could do 'Request, no speed restriction'

Dave March

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:38 pm 

Quote:
Obviously we're limited to what's already in the can so we could do 'Request, no speed restriction'
Would be perfect!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next