OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums
It is currently Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:14 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
 Post subject: Re: Feature Requests
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:29 pm 

Hi guys and thank you for this great ATC.
Sorry about my poor English...
As a suggestion for the PF3 ATC as a improvement (beside including more airliners callsigns and ACCs) you could consider putting, as a background, a real ATC chat (recorded of course) to play during the gap between the PF3 ATC communications and our aircrafts.
I think that could be a 2 hours of a recorded chat in each region air space (Europe, Americas...). After 2 hours, the chat starts again continuosly...
Well, it is a thoughts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:15 pm 

But why would you want canned chatter when PF3 talks continually to the AI aircraft around you? in real time.

Regards Steve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:38 pm 

Quote:
But why would you want canned chatter when PF3 talks continually to the AI aircraft around you? in real time.

Regards Steve
I think that it would be nice over the ocean and other regions that not have much AI traffic around us.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:09 pm 

The ability to sort flight plans by date in flight plans folder. Nice idea from ggerolamo

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3214&p=20178#p20178

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:10 am 

Merry Christmas Team,

The recent updates are fantastic and have really lifted the immersion the product provides.

My feature request is a simple one at face value but may be difficult because of all of the voice files but here goes...

Under Control Centre Mapping and Altitude settings, I would like ‘Melbourne Centre [Center]” and “Brisbane Centre [Center]” added, as Airservices Australia actually control 11% of the earths airspace and it would be terrific when flying across Australia (which for example, if you fly from Sydney to Singapore, you are over mainland Australia for about the first 4.5 hours of the flight) it would be nice to be on Melbourne Centre or Brisbane Centre, depending on which FIR you are in.

Currently, the two Australian FIR’s are mapped as “Control” so I amend “Control” to “Center” however of course, that changes Control to Center globally, so it would be neat if one day we could have Melbourne and Brisbane Center. The naming change from Control to Center occurred in the late 1990’s (circa ‘99 if memory serves).

Thanks,

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:30 pm 

Greetings! I will use this thread to remind Dave that I would really like for closed captions to still be visible even when Taxi Monitor is active. I am deaf and no captions show up for me when I hold short of a runway prior to crossing it and hitting 0 to ask the controller for permission. I can hear a spoke dialogue but obviously couldn't make it out and needed captions. It would make taxiing a little more immersive for me.

I just tested the new 3.10.2 version and everything else continues to work well! Thank you for the continuing support and Happy Holidays.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:49 am 

Feature request:
Would it be possible in a future update to add additional descent rates of 400 fpm, 300 fpm and 200 fpm to the configurable aircraft presets in the Load a Flight Plan window?

Yes, I know this isn't realistic but there is a reason for my asking.

I fly classic-era propellor planes almost exclusively. The largest, such as the Douglas DC-7 and Bristol Britannia descend gently, but at high speed - for instance the Britannia descends at around 180 KIAS/500 fpm. I do not get descent instructions until far too late. I suspect your software is assuming that rather smaller and slower aircraft descend at that rate.

If I have a large aircraft that descends at 700 fpm, I can get PF3 to give me descent instructions at a suitable time if I set the profile to 600 or 500 fpm. But there is no scope to cheat the system like that if the aircraft normally descends at 500 fpm. Hence my reason for asking for the extra settings to be added. Hopefully this would be a simple change to implement, rather than me asking for major modifications to the software when I am probably your only user that is stuck in the past.

For now I request descent with the L key at the appropriate point so I can manage, but it would be nicer to get proper instructions.

Best regards,

John

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:54 am 
Site Admin

Not quite that easy I'm afraid. Yes I could add additional entries but it would throw everyone's presets out as the data held is the position in the list chosen. i.e. if you had chosen 500' it would be saved as '1'. Now if I add 200, 300 and 400 to the list your preset, when recalled, would be set to 200!

Have to give this some more thought

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

Without a log it didn't happen!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:30 pm 

Quote:
Not quite that easy I'm afraid. Yes I could add additional entries but it would throw everyone's presets out as the data held is the position in the list chosen. i.e. if you had chosen 500' it would be saved as '1'. Now if I add 200, 300 and 400 to the list your preset, when recalled, would be set to 200!

Have to give this some more thought
Somehow nothing is ever as simple as it appears - sorry!

John

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:39 pm 

You may be able to adjust the waypoint altitudes which would result in an earlier descent.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next