OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Struggling to get started

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
finchyii
Post subject: Struggling to get started
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:43 pm

Hello,
I'm a long time PFE user since the year dot. I had no problems with the program getting it up and running and on a network pc with wide client and FSUIPC.
For the last few days I'm struggling to get PF3 going.

I have so far....

1.All the system requirements per the user guide section 3.
2.Installed as I do with any addon per the user guide section 4.
3.I've FSUIPC 4.949 set up as per the user guide section 17.3. The same set up I used for PFE.
4.IP address is correct for remote text yesterday it said "connection established". Today "waiting for connection". I have the check box crossed in the ini file tweak for Remote Text. AcarsX is also crossed but nothing shows in the Electronic Kneeboard.
5.PF3 validation checked OK.
6.Running Windows 7. FSX Acceleration.
7.Tried with radios set in default B737 and payware Aircraft, no luck.
8.When I select a flight plan it will complete the process, I press the "Connect to FS" button and the navigation lights begin to flash on the plane. Task Manager shows PF3 as running. I use FSUIPC but the advdisplay doesn't show like it did in PFE.
Once I have pressed the "Connect to FS" button it remains as "Connect to FS" I'm pretty sure PFE used to show "Disconnect from FS".
9.This is my second install.
10.In the meantime I will try on the server pc alone.

Thanks

Alan Finch

Profile Quote
jkeye
Post subject: Re: Struggling to get started
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:48 pm

I'm just a fellow user-have you made sure your hotkey 0 is not bound up in some other program
or control?
Jay

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:53 pm

finchyii wrote:
When I select a flight plan it will complete the process, I press the "Connect to FS" button and the navigation lights begin to flash on the plane. Task Manager shows PF3 as running. I use FSUIPC but the advdisplay doesn't show like it did in PFE.
Once I have pressed the "Connect to FS" button it remains as "Connect to FS" I'm pretty sure PFE used to show "Disconnect from FS".
Hi Alan,

Sorry you are having difficulty connecting. This problem has been experienced by some users and it seems to be related to a bad install. I know you have installed twice but I would try re-installing and making sure any antivirus software is off during the installation. After completing the re-installation, try once again loading a flight plan and connecting. Sorry for the difficulties.

See also this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1792

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:29 pm

If it's of any help when I first installed the release version it wouldn't connect even though it said it was connected. And, I didn't get the correct PF3 "connected" screen. Reason a bad install.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Alpha117
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:34 pm

Hi Alan

Yep, I feel your pain, been there also. As Dan said look at my thread from yesterday.

Some tips

1. unistall PF3
2. Delete folder that is left behind
3. Install to a different Folder

That should work.

As for the remoteText, yep had the same issue also :D

Check in the PF3>PF3_Display folder for a file called remotetext.ini. Is there an IP address in it?

If so , two options, delete it and it will rebuild on next start or go to a command prompt and type ipconfig.

Look at the IP address for your PC and does it match to what is in the ini file?

If you delete the ini file then make note of your IP address and next time at the prompt(when you start remotetext.exe), put that IP address in.

All should then be good to go.

Clive

Profile Quote
finchyii
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:19 pm

OK thanks to the replies. I'm reinstalling again. Third time lucky. Will do a check again with tips given.

By the way PFE was/is a great program. When I get PF3 running I'm pretty sure this will be even better.

Will let you know of the outcome....

Alan Finch

Profile Quote
finchyii
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:22 pm

OK did a fourth install. For a start it looked as though it wasn't going to work then suddenly the chime kicked in. Will sleep better tonight now it is working. I'll take it as a bad installs then. Will give it a go tomorrow now.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Case closed.

Alan Finch

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:53 pm

Great that you are up and running. As a PFE user, I think you will be pleased with PF3 and find it easy to use. :)

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:02 am

finchyii wrote:
OK did a fourth install. For a start it looked as though it wasn't going to work then suddenly the chime kicked in. Will sleep better tonight now it is working. I'll take it as a bad installs then. Will give it a go tomorrow now.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Case closed.

Alan Finch
Any other glitches or queries you get then this is the place to ask. We'll do our best to help.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: