OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Holds and STARS

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
kizzle
Post subject: Holds and STARS
Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi Dave,

Could you give me some more information about the hold % feature in PFE Option 1 menu? Also what other factors does PFE consider for holds?

I tried the STAR feature after reading a few of the posts about this feature online. Here are the issues affecting how US STARs are setup.

Basically US STARs mostly lead you to a vector point, there may either be 1 or two vector points on a STAR depending on whether your STAR is used for landing to the East or West or both. Waypoints along the STAR will normally have altitude restrictions, some STARs may have multiple altitude restrictions if the STAR is used for both East and West landings. Normally these altitude restrictions are for reference and does not require the pilot to follow them unless specifically instructed to do so by ATC. STARs also have holding points defined on them.

I'm trying to figure out how best US STARs could be introduced into PFE. Once i figure it out i'll post it online.

Regards

Profile Quote
Ray Lunning
Post subject: Re: Holds and STARS
Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:22 am

STARs as used in PFE do not function as in the real world...and they never will.. They just free up a part of the flight plan to fly at your descretion...

I have commented on this previously at this forum on other links..

Ray Lunning
PFE and FDC beta tester

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: