OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Some Anomalies

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
vololiberista
Post subject: Some Anomalies
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:19 pm

The first
At London Heathrow the Tower departure frequency is 118.5 but I also hear landing a/c being given instructions. The frequency for landing is 118.7 so I should hear nothing!! And vice versa when I am landing I hear instructions being given to departing a/c.

Second
When I ask for an altitude increase by pressing eg H then 1 ATC gives me permission but at the next waypoint I am told to return to my original flightplan altitude!

Third
In the PFE_FS9_Taxiways.dat file it lists correctly for Heathrow all the taxiways and reporting points. The fs9 ATC will tell me the route to the holding point including all taxiways and reporting points. But PFE misses out the reporting points even though it includes the final holding point (which btw should be a reporting point i.e. the crew announces to the tower that they have arrived then they are handed over to the tower. Not as in PFE which sees that the a/c has arrived and asks it to contact the tower)

For example I am parked at a gate along taxiway C. PFE will tell me to taxi to C, B etc etc whereas they should also include C1 so initially they "should" say taxi to C, C1, B, etc until NB1 which is the holding point.
Below is an extract of the file showing C1 and C2 being the reporting points for the north and south end of taxiway C

EGLL,C 1,30.48,51.467819,-0.479039,1,30.48,51.467358,-0.479040,1,0.00
EGLL,C 2,30.48,51.475117,-0.479017,1,30.48,51.474651,-0.479024,1,0.00

I don't understand why they are omitted

Fourth
Unfortunately in Fs9 some of the taxiways cannot be designated correctly in edit voicepack. Where at Heathrow some taxiways are designated as links eg "Link 28" the atc can only say lima india november kilo. It's not possible to get editvoicepack to correct this. Could it be done in PFE?

Fifth
From the Options #1 menu in the Various Overrides box it says pause at this distance from FAF Rwy Airport What is supposed to pause and why. The manuel just says "Pause Mode - An old favourite... this determines the distance from
either the FAF or the runway you want to pause FS/PFE." Why would I want to do that? If I want to pause fs9 then PFE should pause as well. It doesn't!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Some Anomalies
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:16 pm
Site Admin

Hi,

Firstly thanks for the feedback... much appreciated...
Quote:
At London Heathrow the Tower departure frequency is 118.5 but I also hear landing a/c being given instructions. The frequency for landing is 118.7 so I should hear nothing!! And vice versa when I am landing I hear instructions being given to departing a/c.
FS does not distinguish between twoer arrivals and/or departures... or at least the data extracted by MakeRwys does not. For EGLL the tower frequencies are listed as follows:-

EGLL,6,118.50,"HEATHROW"
EGLL,6,118.70,"HEATHROW"
EGLL,6,124.47,"HEATHROW"
Quote:
Second
When I ask for an altitude increase by pressing eg H then 1 ATC gives me permission but at the next waypoint I am told to return to my original flightplan altitude
Yes that has already been reported and is on my list of things to check at some point.
Quote:
Third
In the PFE_FS9_Taxiways.dat file it lists correctly for Heathrow all the taxiways and reporting points. The fs9 ATC will tell me the route to the holding point including all taxiways and reporting points. But PFE misses out the reporting points even though it includes the final holding point (which btw should be a reporting point i.e. the crew announces to the tower that they have arrived then they are handed over to the tower. Not as in PFE which sees that the a/c has arrived and asks it to contact the tower)

For example I am parked at a gate along taxiway C. PFE will tell me to taxi to C, B etc etc whereas they should also include C1 so initially they "should" say taxi to C, C1, B, etc until NB1 which is the holding point.
Below is an extract of the file showing C1 and C2 being the reporting points for the north and south end of taxiway C

EGLL,C 1,30.48,51.467819,-0.479039,1,30.48,51.467358,-0.479040,1,0.00
EGLL,C 2,30.48,51.475117,-0.479017,1,30.48,51.474651,-0.479024,1,0.00

I don't understand why they are omitted
Well without a lot of investigation I can't answer your specific query... perhaps those links were too close together. What about the instructions from your VCP and/or the hdg bug or gauge? Did they get you to the active?
Quote:
Fourth
Unfortunately in Fs9 some of the taxiways cannot be designated correctly in edit voicepack. Where at Heathrow some taxiways are designated as links eg "Link 28" the atc can only say lima india november kilo. It's not possible to get editvoicepack to correct this. Could it be done in PFE?
I'll add that to my list and see if anything can be done
Quote:
Fifth
From the Options #1 menu in the Various Overrides box it says pause at this distance from FAF Rwy Airport What is supposed to pause and why. The manuel just says "Pause Mode - An old favourite... this determines the distance from
either the FAF or the runway you want to pause FS/PFE." Why would I want to do that? If I want to pause fs9 then PFE should pause as well. It doesn't!
[/quote]

Why would YOU want to do that? I have no idea! I wouldn't want to use this feature either... but plenty do, which is why it was retained and expanded following many user requests.

If you pause FS then PFE does pause... it will complete any ATC instructions, etc, that may have been active when you hit the pause key but then it will pause... try it and check the log file and you'll see what I mean.

The manual covers this pause option toward the end of section 7.28:-

Pause Mode - an old favorite, this determines the distance from either the FAF, the runway or the airport you want to pause FS/PFE. The first two options (FAF/Runway) would not become active until you reach the last waypoint in your flight plan, whereas the last option (Airport) is active for the entire flight.

And also in section 8.37:-

An additional option was added in version 2.8 to Pause PFE and FS at X miles from the Airport. Previously you could only pause PFE/FS at X miles from the FAF or Runway, which only became active once reaching the last waypoint in your flight plan. This new option allows you to automatically pause PFE/FS at any distance on route from your destination airport.

Please explain what sections you do not understand and I'll look into changing it.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: