OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Another problem now - "Shift+Esc" not working

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 20 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
martinlest
Post subject: Another problem now - "Shift+Esc" not working
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:22 pm

I seem to be monopolising this forum rather (sorry!!), but as I solve one 'problem' I seem to get a new one! Now, when Flightdeck callouts get to an interactive setting that is not correct, I still get the green info band saying to 'correct the checklist item' but pressing Shift+Esc no longer works. It used to be that Shift+Esc would cause the checklist item to be repeated immediately and bypassed (read as OK this time, even if it wasn't). Now it has no effect at all and I have to press Ctrl+Spacebar (not Shift+Spacebar) to get the item repeated - when it still comes back as not correct: I can't get past the item.

This isn't user programmable is it? Has something gone wrong with the programme itself? I've rebooted the PC but same thing happens.

Oh dear, oh dear ....

Martin

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Another problem now - "Shift+Esc" not working
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:51 pm
Site Admin

Hi Martin,

No, nothing's gone wrong with the program. I would guess you are using another addon using the same hot key sequence. If you can't find what it is, try changing the fdc hot key

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:40 pm

Hi. I had changed nothing in the interim - and the Shift+Esc key combination worked fine two days ago.

I've just tried changing the FDC hotkey for skip callout to a key combination I know is unused in FS9 and by my PC - same thing in FDC, I cannot get the programme to skip back as it did before. It sticks at any incorrect callout..

M.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:26 pm

Dave,

I decided that troubleshooting this was going to be a real pain and probably get nowhere, so (pretty sure, despite what you said, that FDC itself had gone awry), I made a copy of my FDC folder (so many hours work on it!) and then uninstalled the FDC programme. Reinstalled, updated to latest version, and now things work again as they were in the beginning.

Only outstanding issue now (for now, I should say!!!) is the 'Customising flap calls' post just below...

Martin

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:32 pm

Hi Martin,
i use key combo Shift + B

Whatever you do,be careful when hitting "reset defaults" in FS,as this can knockout any presets you have done in FDC etc

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:25 pm

Well, the keyboard shortcuts to proceeding through checklists are working OK now, but on a flight just now I see I no longer have a couple of nice things I had before - the QNH is no longer recalled and reset at the transition altitude set (18000', set in Options/Misc/Airports) - nothing happens. And I don't get the Altitude Check 'One to Go' when I am 1000' above/below my slected altitude (and FDC automatically used to change the descent/climb rate to 1000'/min (nice touch!) - I assume itt was FDC that did that, it never happened before I installed the programme), even though that option is definitely selected in Flightdeck Calls. As I said before, as one problem seems to be solved, another surfaces. Nothing huge, just little annoyances like that. Maybe it'll come back of its own accord - I can't see anything more I can do!

I look forward to the day when I don't need to post here any more (as do you all, I am sure!!). :-)

M.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:55 pm
Site Admin

Are you using a different aircraft. FDC can't access some ap data in certain third party aircraft.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:06 am

..."different aircraft" - from? I've been testing this with Skysim MD11 the past few days. It may be that if I change a/c I'll get different results you think?

M

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:34 am
Site Admin

Different aircraft to when you say it was working

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:51 pm

Hi Dave,

I tried this with different a/c - I still don't get the reduction to 1000'/min climb/descent rate or a "one to go call" (option is checked) with any I have tried. I do get the transition altitude calling and the QNH is reset.

But that's as nothing to the fact that today, bypass (Shift+Escape) doesn't work again!! It was OK yesterday and I haven't changed anything in FDC since then. I have no other function on my PC, including FS9, assigned to Shift+Escape and as it's not editable in the FDC Hotkey menu...

When I get to an incorrect interactive item, the pilot announces 'no, not right', or whatever. Shift+Esc then has no effect at all. The only key that works is Ctrl+Spacebar, which just loops back to the 'incorrect' call. If the item is not something I can alter manually, I cannot get any further in the FDC callouts and have to shut down the programme. Last time this stopped working, even changing the item manually (e.g. turning on Landing Lights) didn't stop the callout from being 'oops, .....', but today manual corrections do at least seem to get me out of the loop.

Dave, what is going on here? I am getting to the stage where I just don't load FDC before a flight. I hope you can help me correct this - I obviously can't keep uninstalling/reinstalling the programme.

Thanks,

Martin

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 20 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: