Welcome to our Product Support Forums

FDC 'glitches' (?)

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
martinlest
Post subject: Re: FDC 'glitches' (?)
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:07 pm

A bit more info...

I have followed through the video tutorial - no problems, all fairly straight-forward - and saved my own Performance file and checklists to a 'clean' (default) FDC setup - i.e. without any other 3rd. party stuff. This created new four files B7374-FS9 (the name I chose) in the 'User' folder (.ucl, .ufs, .uir & .urp) and one in the main Data folder (.uco).

But when I go to 'Select Aircraft' and choose the new entry, (User: B7374-FS9), and then start FDC in FS9, it's not the new B7374-FS9.ufs file that is read out (my saved checklists in the user folder) but the default FDC file "Boeing 737-400.ufs" in the main data folder.

Am I doing something wrong? How do I get FDC to read out the checklist I have just edited and saved as per the video tutorial? Or should I just make a backup of the default Boeing 737-400.ufs file then rename my own file as that, over-writing it (that's not how it should be done though, I am sure!)?

Martin

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:18 pm

Martin,
correct me if i'm wrong here,did you just create a new checklist without altering the original?
What i mean is did you say delete "avionics" and then save the new file as (name)
If you haven't altered anything,then it will read the file which hasn't changed at all!!

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:07 pm

Sorry, not 100% sure I follow your question. I followed through the steps in the video, but I didn't change any of the original 737-400 performance data as I was only wanting to alter the checklists whilst leaving the performance data the same (same a/c, 737-400). When I'd finished going through the performance data section I saved the file with a new name - but it should contain the same information as the default. In the checklist editor section I first selected 'clear all sections', ticked the items I wanted for each checklist, on the next page arranged them in order, and saved as a new file.

If this doesn't answer your question, please let me know.

M.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:15 pm

.. it seems to me that by far the easiest way for me to get the checklists I want, whilst keeping the same performance data, is to back up the original FDC ufs file (e.g. Boeing 737-400.ufs) and then edit it directly (with EditPad or Notepad) and save it with the original name. No?

M. :-)

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:31 pm

This is driving me crazy. I just can't get FDC to read the checklist I want. Even when (as per above) I replace the default Boeing 737-400.ufs with my own of the same name (in the main Data folder), in FS9, having chosen the Boeing 737-400 in Select Aircraft, it's still not my checklist that's being read out - even though the Boeing 737-400.ufs file now contains exactly the calls I want and in the right order. No idea now which file is being read in FS (in fact, it seems to be one of the other Boeing ufs files - they all have the same pre-start checks, and they certainly corresponds with what's being called, but I am definitely selecting the 737-400) - I have a 'clean' FDC installation with no 3rd. party files - just my replacement Boeing 737-400.ufs file. Why is the 737 checklist not being read?

I'm giving up until someone can advise. Thanks!!

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:55 pm

Ok, it works!!!! I don't know why or how - I just once more deleted the data folder and restored the default one, then just started my checklist setup from scratch and saved it. Now when I select a/c and checklist in FDC, it plays the right one in FS. Joy! I am sure hundreds of anxious people will be relieved to receive this good news!!

M.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:55 am
Site Admin

Well I am! ;-)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:52 pm

.. still appreciate the option of being able to lower gear and operate flaps myself, without disabling the co-pilot, at some stage in the future :-)

M.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: