OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Customized Check lists

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Sabre
Post subject: Customized Check lists
Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:11 pm

I'm very much disappointed with the recent Call! check lists for E-Jets by FeelThere. I have a previous version of FDC that is very limited in the check lists calls available for regional jets. How is it in the current version of FDC? Can I customize / add CL calls that are not in the preset calls list and modify possible answers (like: checked, on, off)?

For example, below is a part from the r/w check list of ERJ- :

COCKPIT SAFETY INSPECTION

Maintenance Status...............................................................CKD
Cockpit Emergency Equipment ..............................................CKD
Electric Panel ........................................................................ SET
Fuel Panel ............................................................................CKD
Windshield Wiper .................................................................. OFF
Hydraulic Panel .....................................................................CKD
Air Conditioning/Pneumatics Panel ........................................CKD
Passenger Oxy Panel ............................................................CKD
ELT ................................................................................ ARM
Landing Gear Lever........................................................... DOWN
Start/Stop Selectors ........................................................... STOP
Speed Brake Lever......................................................... CLOSED
RAT Manual Deploy ...................................................... STOWED
Flap Lever ............................................................... VERIFY POS
Circuit Breakers ....................................................................CKD

POWER UP

Battery 1 ................................................................................. ON
Battery 2 ............................................................................ AUTO
Batteries voltage ...................................................................CKD
GPU Button.................................................................. AS RQRD
Fire Extinguisher Panel .........................................................CKD
APU selector knob ....................................................... AS RQRD
Emergency lights............................................................. ARMED
NAV light................................................................................. ON
Hydraulic panel .....................................................................CKD
Electronic CBs ......................................................................CKD
DVDR Panel ........................................................................CKD
Photo luminescent Strips .......................................................CKD
ETC...

I don't care about interactive responses/checks, I'm interested mostly in automated call outs that I would answer with a key press (assigned to 'next item' in the checklist). More or less in the same manner like FS2Crew's (but less elaborate).

I'm considering to buy FDCLive just for ERJ check lists, but I don't want some unrealistic approximation/adoptation. There are some free alternatives like Voice Checklists, but they are not so convenient, and I'm not even interested in voice recognition. I really need just automated read out of the check list items and stepping through the check list.

Thanks,
Sabre.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Customized Check lists
Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:08 am
Site Admin

YOu can't add a call that doesn't exist in FDC but any that do you can choose whatever reply/response to it you like

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Sabre
Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:01 pm

dmarch wrote:
YOu can't add a call that doesn't exist in FDC
Please give us this facility, Mr.March! I'm sure FDCLive will become second most important add-on to any serious commercial plane. :)

Thanks,
Sabre.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:30 am
Site Admin

Well how would you suggest I could do that? Each individual check list call has to be recorded by 16 voice authors!

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
X_Splinter
Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:14 pm

Well I remember making the checklist for the "Hercules" C-130 which is a plane that lots of items to check, I made it from a pdf of the original checklist and pretty sure FDC has if not 100% at least 98% of the calls.

As for being an must have app for FSX... Yes, no doubt because flying a big commercial airplane without copilot is crazy (I remeber had to pause the game to check some stuff).

What FDC could had been better was the cabin and passengers.

Profile Quote
Sabre
Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:03 pm

dmarch wrote:
Well how would you suggest I could do that? Each individual check list call has to be recorded by 16 voice authors!
Leave extra recording job to users should they want to add anything.

Thanks,
Sabre.

Profile Quote
jmelvin64
Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:43 pm

Sabre wrote:
dmarch wrote:
Leave extra recording job to users should they want to add anything.

Thanks,
Sabre.
You can do that. But you just have to be a little creative.

FDC is a wonderful program that plays .wav files. It doesn't care what is recorded on that wav file, it just plays it.

So, back up one of the voice files, then make your own set with the changes you want.
For example, if you don't use the call: "Oxygen Main Valve" which is file cm16-014.wav
record your own voice saying "Passenger Oxygen Panel" (or whatever) and name that file
(you guessed it) cm16-014.wav

Then, when making your custom checklists, select "oxygen main valve" knowing it will say "Passenger Oxygen Panel"
There's no way change the programming. No need to.

The responses can be done the same way. You can have your PNF respond with "Sure thing, sweetheart" if you want.
:D

So in response to your wondering if you should buy it? Yes definitely.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Sabre
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:34 am

jmelvin64 wrote:

You can do that. But you just have to be a little creative.

FDC is a wonderful program that plays .wav files. It doesn't care what is recorded on that wav file, it just plays it.

So, back up one of the voice files, then make your own set with the changes you want.
For example, if you don't use the call: "Oxygen Main Valve" which is file cm16-014.wav
record your own voice saying "Passenger Oxygen Panel" (or whatever) and name that file
(you guessed it) cm16-014.wav

Then, when making your custom checklists, select "oxygen main valve" knowing it will say "Passenger Oxygen Panel"
There's no way change the programming. No need to.

The responses can be done the same way. You can have your PNF respond with "Sure thing, sweetheart" if you want.
:D

So in response to your wondering if you should buy it? Yes definitely.
Sounds workable, thanks Melvin.

Cheers,
Sabre.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: