Live Cockpit Windows 7 problem

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Live Cockpit Windows 7 problem
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:28 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
You are well aware of the "error 429" and "blackbox error" messages that I get, so why not write the solution here instead of letting me search for a "possible solution" in a forum.
Yes I'm aware of the 429 error and I have already told you it's a bad installation. If you can't get the install to work on your system I have no idea why. We have many, many, many users running with Win 7 as I do myself, so the installation works and the program runs just fine.
Quote:
Dave, please remember who pays your salary, we - your customers do, then we have the right to get help and support as well. So far I have seen nothing like that either in e-mail or here on the forum.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You think I earn a SALARY from FDC? And no, you don't actually have any rights to help and support but I do offer and provide such and have done so for the past 8 or 9 years since the release of FDC. In fact I probably provide some of the fastest support for any flight sim add-on around today!

So in summary, you've used FDC on an XP machine for some time without any problems so we know the program works. However, you are unable to install it on Windows 7 whereas countless others can. So what conclusion would you derive from such facts?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Spilot
Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:30 am

Will be nice to see what the tax administration says in your country when you provide a software and say you do not earn any money for that. Strange, I bought the software in my eyes not that expensive, but still I bought it and then you have an obligation to make sure it works. So far I have not read any original article that says I have no right to get support when something goes wrong.

Since you are such an arrogant person I will also send in a police report for the distribution of malfunctioning software and fraud. So we will see how gets the final laugh out of your fraudulent project with FDC.

And I will of course report this whole conversation to as many Flight Simulator forums as possible so they do not get the same problems from you.

Good luck with your fraudulent business in the future. Luckily I do not need your software since I enjoy flying in real life instead and not sit in front of a computer as you seem to love.

Hope other users can see this as a warning to what kind of products this scamming person produces and make sure to keep your anti virus software active all the time, otherwise maybe Dave sends you virus software and robs you even more.
No serious software producer comes with such ideas to turn off your anti virus and security protection when installing a software. If that is needed, something is very wrong with the software producers head. That is called a mental disorder.

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:18 pm

I would be very careful what you say on a public forum, the only person likely to be prosecuted in this thread is yourself for making libellous comments like "mental disorder". As Dave has said already many people myself included have installed PFE and FDC in Windows 7 without any issue at all, it's only a select few people that have any problems and temporarily disabling the items mentioned sorted the problem out in most cases.

Clearly you do not have many third party add-ons for your simulator because disabling these items is usually recommended by many FS developers when a user has problems installing in Windows 7 or Windows Vista and possibly even with Windows XP with certain recent Windows security updates, just do a Google search for "anti-virus false positive" and you will see why these steps are recommended.

I also don't know what fantasy land you are living in but threatening a developer with calling the Police isn't going to get you anywhere, they will probably kindly ask you to leave and stop wasting their time, especially when you have confirmed yourself already in your third post that the software worked on your last XP computer perfectly fine, which leads me on to you next comment....
Quote:
I bought the software in my eyes not that expensive, but still I bought it and then you have an obligation to make sure it works.
I'm fairly certain that when you bought FDC Windows 7 wasn't in existence so support for that platform certainly wasn't implied at that time, so again the courts would most likely rule in the developers favour. So Dave's obligation as you call it has already been fulfilled, you cant expect a developer to guarantee that their software will work with all future operating systems ad infinatum, even though in this case it does work perfectly fine.

By the way I'm not an employee of Dave's/Oncourse Software, I just voluntarily help administrate the forum for him to help keep the forum free of spam etc, I am also part of the Beta team.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
Ray Lunning
Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:39 pm

I have been a beta tester for PFE since day one and a tester for FDC almost since day one... I live in the USA and have never met Dave...
I have been "Flight Simming" since the days of 'Sub-Logic'..I also am an instrument rated pilot who has owned three aircraft...

Of all the developers of FS aircraft, Scenery and Utility Programs..I have never found any better than Dave March when it comes to support and help. I have directly e-mailed many times...Most likely I am in the "top ten".. He has always responded and in a professional way...
When I scan the forums...I see his responses...Always polite and professional...More often than not the 'user' has screwed up...

The comments of "Spilot" are unfounded and out of line....Pure Bull Shit...(Sorry I had to say it)

Dave!... Consider the source..

Ray Lunning
PFE and FDC beta tester

Profile Quote
jmelvin64
Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:52 pm

Spilot wrote:
Just to save your effort, I have the latest FSUIPC installed, 3.98a.
So you are running FS2004?

If you're running FSX the latest is now 4.6. :shock:

And, try telling us a little more about your system.

Windows 7 - 32-64 bit?

Did you make sure to run the installation as the administrator?

May not be the problem but lets go through the whole "start-up" procedure. You're familiar with that right?
(Since you say you fly 747's. I'm just curious. Do you also yell at the plane for stalling on you?)

Have other programs not installed correctly?

What other programs have installed correctly? (You've mentioned "everything crashes")

Have you done a search for that error code? I have! (got alot of hits not related to FDC took me 60 secs)

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_p ... ?TID=16664

Come on. Do a little leg work before assuming it's a problem with FDC. Dave gave you help with the knowledge of what worked before, and you yelled at him for not giving you the answer.

You must be really addicted FDC to be so "out of control" about it. I've never...ever... encountered a pilot so hot headed as you to make such immature remarks. (That goes for my father too, and man did he have a temper sometimes)
Scares me to think of you actually sitting at the controls of a Kia, let alone a 747.

Oh. BTW

Running windows 7 64bit
with FSX,FDC(my fav),PFE,RC4,AES,XPAX,FS-PASS,FS2-CREW,ASX,Imagine Sim,FsDreamteam,FSUIPC 4.6,FSINN. Never had an install problem.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: